Donny and Marie Osmand cover Time Warp (1998)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/29/donny-and-marie-osmand-cover-time-warp-1998.html

What an eccentric performance.

Donnie tried, but couldn’t quite nail the highs. And I have no clue what Marie was channeling, but um… weird.

3 Likes

What a vast misunderstanding of what the song is all about. Makes me a little sad really.

7 Likes

Wait, @frauenfelder… is it 98 or 88… 98 in the title, but 88 in the text?

3 Likes

I can only conclude that no one involved in the production of that had ever seen RHPS,

8 Likes

Donnie and Marie did not jump to the left, or step to the right. More interesting, I didn’t see any actual pelvic thrusts. Perhaps not allowed by Donnie and Marie, Dick Clark, or 1988 TV standards?

7 Likes

And not nailing the highs would have been in the pre-recording.
The fact that this was lip-synced makes me wander about the helium balloon prop!!

I can only conclude that the art department and coreographers were slapping themselves on the back for a job well done where the real proof in the pudding was the less than enthusiastic response from the audience in the room.
Good golly.

There shall be no pelvic thrusting from Donny and Marie.

9 Likes

I wonder if D&M knew that the words “pelvic thrust” were in the song before they began singing it. Or perhaps they just had no clue what the phrase means.

Supposedly from their talk show, so 98.

3 Likes

No guarantee they were even singing it. The version we see is lip synch, and it barely sounds like their voices.

2 Likes

Feeling heavy Don Jr and Kimberly Guilfoyle vibes here.

3 Likes

Looked poorly lip synched, but fangs will do that.

2 Likes

I’m not sure how to take this. What is obviously the first sign of the apocalypse seems to have occurred quite some time ago. I figured it would happen so much more quickly.

1 Like

That’s the Time Warp

3 Likes

We now know what it would look like if Clint Howard dressed up as Dracula.

4 Likes

I’m picturing someone slipping it in without D&M knowing the source. Like when Bart got the church to sing “In the Garden of Eden”.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.