Dr. Oz kindly helped rival Fetterman's campaign by handing him a winning slogan

Originally published at: Dr. Oz kindly helped rival Fetterman's campaign by handing him a winning slogan | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Yeah, I’d love that slogan as well. No lie, that’s a kick ass slogan.

40 Likes

That picture of New Jersey resident Mehmet Oz look like he’s wondering where the hell he is, and how he got there.

22 Likes

Newt Gingrich decided to pitch in too:

(The obvious answer is that he got the tattoo to focus on the pain, the only thing that’s real.)

40 Likes

Hey Newt…

kurt cobain shut up GIF

26 Likes

Wait, so wearing a hoodie is now “kicking authority in the balls”?

Cue explosion in hoodie sales.

I’m wearing a hoodie, right now!

32 Likes

Oz is clearly trying to appeal to those few voters whose preferred alternative to the everyday apparel of hoodies is a stick up their arse.

21 Likes

He met Newt? That’ll piss anyone off.

10 Likes

I’m assuming there’s already fan artwork of Fetterman kicking Oz in the balls?

Also, a much less effective campaign slogan for Oz is “Don’t vote for Fetterman! He likes Johnny Cash!”

5 Likes

Me too! I’m bringing the system down just by sitting on my couch.

4 Likes

19 Likes

Dr. Oz just keeps handing Fetterman wins.

23 Likes

I vote in Pennsylvania, but only because that’s where my Mum’s from. I get the feeling that there’s probably loads of news about this race if you’re there, but here in Scotland I only get the really big headlines and, well, updates from good old BoingBoing.

Everything I’ve read about the candidates leads me to the impression that this is a pretty easy choice, but then I see the current polling has Fetterman on only a ~5 point lead?. Oof.

(Not that I can really snark, I suppose. The news of political and constitutional issues from this part of the world is hardly inspiring…)

8 Likes

Remember, lots of polling is just “who is the R vs D” and completely ignores anything else. Lots of voting too unfortunately.

Especially when those opinions are based on some historic past rose colored fantasy view of what people think the R vs D stood for 30 years ago. Completely out of touch with any current policy or positions. Probably out of touch with what they actually were 30 years ago too.

13 Likes

Though I’m not sure how reliable this informal type of polling is, I’m seeing far more Fetterman signs sprouting up than I would’ve thought. Democrats in the boonies have been cowed into the shadows in the last couple of elections, with a sea of donnie-loving signs everywhere you look. This is the first bit of pushback in the form of political signage that I can recall since at least 2016. I’ve not seen a single Oz sign, even in the yards that still have their Let’s Go Brandon flags out. It makes me think there’s some hope we’ll get it right this time.

13 Likes

I want this to be a meme where the question is asked of other song lyrics.

Why would Pennsylvania democratic senate candidate john fetterman have a tattoo saying “I’m a Barbie girl, in a Barbie world"?

Why would Pennsylvania democratic senate candidate john fetterman have a tattoo saying “With the lights out, it’s less dangerous, Here we are now, entertain us”?

Why would Pennsylvania democratic senate candidate john fetterman have a tattoo saying “Who put the bomp in the bomp bah bomp bah bomp”?

12 Likes

yes, clearly that is what Trayvon Martin and all the many young, unarmed Black men who were murdered by pigs were doing when they died wearing hoodies.
fucking nonsense conflating a garment with “troublemaking” or “anti-authoritailrian” behavior.
kick 'em in the balls, indeed!

16 Likes

Wear TWO! Save on heating bills AND bring the system down twice as fast! :wink:

8 Likes

I’ve seen a few OZ signs but the vast majority have been in the

N
O

configuration.

Hilarious!

11 Likes

In addition to Oz’s inanity, he also doesn’t seem to be able to hire competent people.

Who thought this graphic design on the word Ruthless was a good idea? Breaking it up into it’s component parts when the etymology of “Ruth” is archaic at best is silly and bad messaging.

I fully realize this is the most nitpicky of complaints when there are many, MANY more important reasons that oz is a dangerous dingbat, but that doesn’t mean it will stop bugging me.

6 Likes