Dr. Phil is selling a tacky nightmare palace he owns

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/03/dr-phil-is-selling-a-tacky-ni.html

8 Likes

And now I dislike Dr Phil even more.

34 Likes

Someone studied decorating at Caesars Palace.

22 Likes

This may not be the end of Dr. Phil, but it’s certainly the end of Kidrobot.

6 Likes

Looks like the house from Beetlejuice with a different color scheme.

12 Likes

He’s the straight Liberace…

21 Likes

The rest of the house is trash but TBH I love those stairs. There’s a few small things that I’d probably like in any other space but all together are the visual equivalent of brushing your teeth then drinking orange juice.

7 Likes

Totally thought the same thing with the snake banister.

That first room - bearbricks and firearms? I’m taking this room!

1 Like

The banister is cool… I also like the pop-art sculptures (teddy bear? mouse?). The stark gun wall display clashes hard with the organic and baroque style elements, and is that a fake / gas fireplace?

1 Like

His interior designer must have been Otho from Beetlejuice

25 Likes

A liberal who has guns! Who’d thunk it

What’s with all the cocaine around the pool table legs?

24 Likes

I like to imagine that the pool table itself has actually siphoned the pigment out of the floor to accent the lion manes on the table legs.

19 Likes

Picture this next time you see Dr. Phil giving somebody life advice on TV.

38 Likes

This is the kind of house you get when you have a lot of money, no taste and hire someone expensive to decorate the house for you, with little guidance, simply based on the promise that it’ll be “cool.”

In other words there are a lot of rich morons with near identical houses out there.

13 Likes

More pictures here:

Also, according to CNN, it is Jordan McGraw (Dr. Phil’s son) who is selling the house, not Dr. Phil.

9 Likes

Where’s Kate Wagner when you need her? This belongs in McMansion Hell.

10 Likes

The other difference is that Liberace had talent! Dr. Phil…not so much.

12 Likes

So it isn’t Dr. Phil’s, but his son’s? Oh I guess it kinda says that in the OP. I was just to busy gawking at the pics to read.

1 Like

Well, maybe the current title should be updated. It says: Dr. Phill is selling […]

4 Likes