Drain Weasel: a solution for hair-clogged sinks

Yeah, 'til they replaced him with Darin Hog Badger in 1969 and acted like nothing happened.

Like we wouldn’t notice–I mean, come on, they’re not even the same genus!

3 Likes

I need to get a 53 star flag. Damn I am behind!

2 Likes

The real question is can you get any of the three long-haired people causing the clogs to use the Drain Weasel?

1 Like

The short side of the twist below the hook on a standard wire hanger makes a dandy auger that will grab the hair and pull it out. Just unwind the twist and bend the corkscrew-like side until it’s in line with the straight “shoulder” portion of the hanger, then adjust the rest of the wire to form a hand-crank shape. Insert into drain, rotate a few turns in the direction of the twist, and extract the hair. To clean, just “unscrew” the hair from the twist. Infinitely reusable.

Based on personal experience: no!

Tweezers. Sink in, press together, pull, release, remove crap. Repeat as needed.

Step 6: Burn tweezers, that stuff is disgusting.

1 Like

Use stainless steel tweezers, they can be cleaned from just about anything. And they can be flame-disinfected if you are so sensitive.

1 Like

I pulled out some by hand this weekend and wanted to cut it off like in Evil Dead II.

3 Likes

Tweezers long enough to reach drain clogging hair clumps aren’t something most people have on hand, unlike wire hangers.

3 Likes

Obligatory:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.