Drew Carey's incredible rant about his rapturous sexual/religious experience seeing Phish at the Sphere

Concur. I just lived this.
I have seen Phish ~60 times since May 1994. Our crowd planned an entire trip to Vegas upon the announcement of this run. No one got tickets. We tried, but $1000+ from scalpers isn’t worth the keystrokes to type the idea.
I had an incredible four days anyway and loved hearing the stories from fellow fans we ran into constantly. The joy was unmistakable and contagious.
Besides, they appear to be planning a residency at the Sphere, or minimally, an annual run.

8 Likes

That makes me happy, even as someone that isn’t a fan (or hater). Hope if there is a residency that it gives more people a chance to enjoy something unique

4 Likes

Drew Carey has a very different public persona from his private life.

He does talk about his private life/experiences all the time at comedy shows and on podcasts, including large amounts of sex/drugs/rocknroll.

1 Like

Somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert…

4 Likes

Just this morning, my wife and I were marvelling how much fun we cheated ourselves out of in high school because of tribalism around music. Something adolescents have to do, I guess.

7 Likes

I took a look at the video in question. I think if I were the kind of person who would go to the Sphere (I’m not) it would have been pretty cool, but – and I mean this genuinely – I think it would be way less cool now that I’ve seen the total eclipse.

Somehow I was so emotional seeing the totality actually happen in the actual world that a trippy simulation of it just wouldn’t move the needle that much.

3 Likes

Have seen Phish over 70 times. Sad I’m not seeing them at the Sphere but am taking my wife to 7 shows this summer. Whee!

ETA: For sure Drew Carey wrote that post while high.

8 Likes

Which reminds me…

2 Likes
6 Likes

Perfect response, and they sent him a pretty nice blender it seems

4 Likes

Maybe. At least the price is right.

5 Likes
6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.