Phish concert spreads COVID across the entire country

Originally published at: Phish concert spreads COVID across the entire country | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Indoor, tightly packed, no masks, poorly ventilated…

It’s almost like tests and vaccines aren’t perfect, Covid can be asymptomatic and it’s airborne.

31 Likes

Worst. Band. Ever.

8 Likes

Why in the world is Phish doing indoor shows to begin with, come on

13 Likes

So the venue can be one giant hotbox?

9 Likes

And who, in a pandemic, is signing off on these?

13 Likes

I thought everyone went to se Phish to hang out in tha parking lot?

8 Likes

Everyone’s “favourite” monopoly, LiveNation. The same company that (as Cory discussed the other day) brought us the Houston stampede.

19 Likes

Are there not THC patches?

4 Likes

Can’t puff-puff-pass with a patch, my friend.

6 Likes

You can’t do that with gummy bears either but it doesn’t seem like it stops the phishheads from eating them. If anything they mostly seem to vape the stuff and people don’t seem to pass around vapes.

4 Likes

People who are acting like it’s over? Which is an increasingly large number of people lately?

19 Likes

You’re just not trying hard enough.

5 Likes

My local Facebook group says our rising case count in Michigan is due to the 3 million immigrants from 160 countries being bused here.

And then the next post says there is no increase because the numbers are made up.

So to recap, real immigrants are contributing to the fake numbers rising.

It has nothing to do with filled arenas, restaraunts, etc… or their refusal to wear masks and get vaccinated.

16 Likes

A very poor substitute for the Grateful Dead. There, I’ve said it aloud.

14 Likes

Time moves on?
It used to be STDs after a Grateful Dead concert.

7 Likes

They reported having relatively minor symptoms, though two said they still hadn’t recovered their sense of smell or taste.

Rock On Eye Roll GIF by ABC Network

10 Likes

I was going to try and figure out which I’d want to experience and survive through less, a Phish show or COVID, but it turns out, I can avoid the latter by avoiding the former. Win-win!

12 Likes

I kinda assumed you had a good chance at catching SOMETHING at a Phish concert.

I keed. I keed.

3 Likes

Just one more reason for me to dislike this band of self-indulgent string wankers.

11 Likes