Driver arrested after leaping rising drawbridge while under suspected influence of whippits

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/21/driver-arrested-after-leaping-rising-drawbridge-while-under-suspected-influence-of-whippits.html

5 Likes

If you want to jump a drawbridge, from what I’ve hear you have to put nitrogen oxide in the engine intake manifolds, not in the drivers seats!

31 Likes

Could it be…?

Edit to add: Ok, per the video it may not be the exact same Dodge sedan, but it’s clearly the spiritual successor.

24 Likes

I’m having a hard time coming to terms with this not being a Florida Man story.

14 Likes

My daughter (8) LOVES whipped cream. I swear she would put that shit on sushi if I let her (DAAADDD! It’s just like non-spicy wasabi!!!).

My wife is a pastry chef, and so we have a whipped cream maker at home. It’s not a balloon and a cracker, but an honest-to-goodness used-for-whipped-cream maker. I still feel like a sketchy character getting dirty looks going to buy the cartridges, though.

10 Likes

Just a good ol’ boy,
never meanin’ no harm…

14 Likes

Headline confused me:

38 Likes

My very first thought was, “This has to be Florida.” Though Detroit doesn’t surprise me either.

1 Like

A lot of Florida residents are former Michigan residents who move down there to avoid the cold weather. Rest assured, this guy is probably moving to Florida after his probation expires, maybe before!

7 Likes

“I hate Illinois Nazis!” - That guy right before his jump, probably.

4 Likes

12 Likes

Having lived in Michigan for ten years, I can testify it is the northern branch of the Florida Man gene pool and also a feeder system when the shitty weather finally gets to them. Perhaps one last defiant act before heading south.

6 Likes

With that and the reporter’s accent, I though this was a clip from The Day Today.

8 Likes

came for Blues Brothers (and Dukes of Hazzard) references. Leaving satisfied.

8 Likes

A reporter for a Detroit news team saying “The cops said it was like the Dukes of Hazzard” and Black bridge operator Andre Locke responding “I call it the Blues Brothers” is the most 2020 thing ever.

16 Likes

But was he wearing a mask?

Well, it would be if someone chimes in by shitting on millennials for ruining bridge jumps with 2 Fast 2 Furious.

(Yes, I know that millennials didn’t make that movie but they’ll get the blame anyway.)

3 Likes

50 Likes

I have one of these (bought it to huff nitrous oxide.)

4 Likes

Snowbirds

2 Likes