Driver spectaculary fails to park car

The first car hit looked like there were items around it, so hopefully the neighbor wasn’t near the vehicle. I was also wondering how the driver would safely get out of the car after that.

10 Likes

Yeah electronic parking brakes are annoying. Wish I could trade mine for a hand brake.

5 Likes

mlp-fim-pinkie-pie-rimshot

10 Likes

12 Likes

omg. at first i thought you were joking.

i sometimes have nightmares about my car’s breaks not working, or the accelerator doing something weird…

remind me never to buy a porsche. ( or i guess, remind me to never get the second, third, and possibly fourth jobs i’d need to afford one. )

8 Likes

It’s possible to program it to disable Launch Control, if it’s something you don’t want. But, let’s face it, if you buy a car that can go 0-60 mph in 3 seconds, you want Launch Control. Otherwise, just get a Honda Accord.

7 Likes

:thinking: you would be suprised how often i need to make a quick get away.

hey now. don’t talk about my toyota that way.

10 Likes

Is it a Panamera? I thought it was a Taycan.

It’s clearly a TayCANT.

11 Likes

I wish I lived in a world where the spectre of someone crashing their car that cost twice my yearly salary, through sheer idiocy, didn’t bring me joy.

As it is, though, it does. So I’ve got that going for me at least.

13 Likes

More like TayShouldn’t, amirite?

6 Likes

I do love a twist ending.

8 Likes

It was a thing of beauty.

4 Likes

I don’t know if you’ve seen Fastest Car on Netflix - it was a show where heavily modified (mostly) shit boxes would drag race against expensive hyper cars.

The one near guarantee that the driver of the expensive car would lose the drag race was from them screwing up launch control. Inevitably they would spend too much time dicking around with it, not setting it up properly, or it simply timing out and they would start the race way behind as a result.

8 Likes

(Porsche, regardless :disappointed:)

Indeed. Watched a couple times and got annoyed by human interest stuff culminating in similar fails as you mentioned… Straight-line driving is not an ideal skill set for me but it was amusing to see how compelled/unable to resist some people are, to modify factory design.

5 Likes

I mean I enjoyed the show because I’m a car enthusiast, but the storytelling often left me frustrated. There’s these supposedly hardscrabble folks with tragic backstories barely scraping by, yet they are able to sink tens of thousands of dollars into making their shitboxes faster?

9 Likes

I suppose? And then they somehow accelerated when they hadn’t intended to move at all…

3 Likes

Not only that but they are counterintuitive. Press the button/switch down to engage and pull the button/switch up to disengage (on a Volvo, anyway). Whereas a mechanical handbrake is pull up to engage and down to disengage. I still have to think hard about this even after 4 years of an electronic one - the 40+ years of muscle memory is very hard to overcome.

11 Likes

If your car breaks it will stop working. If its brakes break it will not stop.

(Open carry of Pedant Pendant badge.) :wink:

7 Likes

Don’t be silly. If the breaks aren’t working, then it won’t be broken. :wink:

5 Likes