Drone pilot spots man sunbathing atop 200-foot-tall wind turbine

[Read the post]

Well I suppose itā€™s the quietest, most private place in town. Or was.

16 Likes

This strikes me the same way as watching the house cat find something new in the house, after which they will climb that thing simply in order to sit on it.

8 Likes

I know that place.

Whatā€™s kind of weird is itā€™s located on the grounds of a Catholic boarding school.

4 Likes

This Catholic boarding school

3 Likes

ā€œAnd Iā€™ll raise you upā€¦ on turbine wings.ā€

5 Likes

Iā€™m just glad he was clothed

8 Likes

Whatā€™s with Jukin Media blocking embedded playback latelyā€“is it just me? More importantly, are they Jukinā€™ the stats?

2 Likes

Several years ago I got the idea to build a set of narrow shelves for my desk, mostly so I could locate my routers and modem nearer to the cable jack high up on the wall. I brought the result into the house, set it down, turn around long enough to close the door to my garage / work space and found that it was already being investigate from the top.

(She was the the only cat Iā€™ve ever known that liked being around operating power tools. She always had to investigate whatever crafting I was doing.)

8 Likes

This looks fake to me. The ā€œpersonsā€ motions donā€™t seem natural.

It is pretty irresponsible flying that close to a wind turbine, on or off, and doing so is, in fact, a big sick bird.

I fly drones, both fixed wing and more recently quads, and I hate that drone pilots are the new millenniums dog owners. A few bad ones crapping up the place and giving everyone who has one a bad name.,

5 Likes

Hey, thatā€™s my old high school, the Portsmouth Abbey and Priory! Used to all boys, now itā€™s coed. Thatā€™s probably one of the monks up there; apparently one of them climbs up there every morning to pray at sunrise.

6 Likes

Mister Rogers explains:

ā€œThe ā€˜personsā€™ motions donā€™t seem naturalā€ could become the next ā€œI can tell by the pixels that it is a fakeā€ meme.

12 Likes

Yeah - I was gonna say, if it was me up there, thereā€™d be no clothes.

4 Likes

ā€œDaily Mirrorā€ is more of a hint it ainā€™t real. I donā€™t buy it.

Gentleman uses his remote controlled drone to harass people in places where they might very reasonably expect some privacy, thank you.

14 Likes

Funny, I was thinking the same thing, about both ideas expressed here: a) it looks fake and b) I can tell from some of the pixels

Drone not owned by Microsoft or government, so this is okay. Right?

(Also probably fake, so certainly okay.)

Apparently not fake. Looks like this is Brother Joseph having his private time invaded by some guy with a drone.

3 Likes