Drowning out the far-right with terrible jazz

Yeah, isn’t “terrible jazz” kind of redundant?

For many of these clowns, this is more appropriate.

3 Likes

5 Likes

Ah, God, that was good. Thank you, that made my day!

1 Like

I would think Yakkity Sax would be the ideal tune.

1 Like

4 Likes

Must.
Learn.
Bagpipes.
Stat!

4 Likes

Or not. Could you tell the difference?

4 Likes

!

2 Likes

Scotland the Brave

Agreed!

2 Likes
5 Likes

They hate everything they can’t understand, and given their screwed up mindset with associated lack of creativity (a sign of lower intelligence) it’s not surprising that they also hate satire and irony, both of which require some decent IQ levels. They realize someone is fooling them, but they lack any means of fighting back without resorting to physical violence, that is, using the brain, which makes them angry.
Our laughter will bury them all.

11 Likes

Romano Mussolini, who did not entirely disown his father’s ideology, made a living as a jazz musician.

1 Like

Mussolini was not as doctrinaire towards the arts as Hitler was, at least not to begin with.

Although in the early years of Italian Fascism modern art was tolerated and even embraced, towards the end of the 1930s, right-wing Fascists introduced the concept of “degenerate art” from Germany to Italy and condemned Futurism.

5 Likes

I had (past tense, we haven’t spoken since 2016) a friend who is smart, musical, hardworking, and a full-on Trump supporter. White.

He worked for NPR for a while in Washington DC.

He never saw the point of news quiz show Wait Wait Don’t Tell Me because he didn’t find it funny.

I took it for a warning sign. And yes I think Wait Wait is hilarious. Then 2016. He said some things. I stopped returning his phone calls.

I am now trying to think of even one example of a hilarious right-wing news quiz, or really any hilarious right-wing radio or tv show. I am struggling to name a single instance.

7 Likes

Off topic, but I found an antique sousaphone at the side of the road a couple of months ago. Who throws out an antique sousaphone? I found it a good home with a brass instrument restorer.

12 Likes

The state has ways.

5 Likes

Is it politically incorrect of me to want a New Orleans second line to drown out Trump, or racism in general, with everything that the second line implies?

3 Likes

Meanwhile …

1 Like

To be fair, the celebration of war as “the world’s only hygiene” seemed, at first, to have political uses.