Drums of War

10 Likes

Do you think the countries of the region are they going to create some sort of broader, more formal military pact/alliance, a kind of pact with names and all that?

6 Likes

SATO / OTAS ?

3 Likes

Sato means harvest in Finnish. Maybe something like Östersjön fördragsorganisationen
(Baltic Sea Treaty Organization) my Swedish is worse then my English.

5 Likes

Nope. Maybe when Nato/American empire dies but not before that.

10 Likes

… everybody rehash the same lies as 20 years ago

10 Likes
5 Likes
10 Likes
10 Likes
10 Likes
8 Likes
8 Likes

Happy Ramadan, Passover, and Easter everyone… /bitter SSSSS

8 Likes
9 Likes
10 Likes

I’m sure Russia has nothing to do with that at all. /s

3 Likes

It probably doesn’t.

Throughout all of Africa, the State Department counted a total of just nine terrorist attacks in 2002 and 2003, the first years of U.S. counterterrorism assistance to Niger. Last year, the number of violent events in Burkina Faso, Mali, and western Niger alone, reached 2,737, according to a new report by the Africa Center for Strategic Studies, a Defense Department research institution. This represents a jump of more than 30,000 percent since the U.S. began its counterterrorism efforts. (Wagner has only been active in the region since late 2021.) During 2002 and 2003, terrorists caused 23 casualties in Africa. In 2022, terrorist attacks in just those three Sahelian nations killed almost 7,900 people. “The Sahel now accounts for 40 percent of all violent activity by militant Islamist groups in Africa, more than any other region in Africa,” according to the Pentagon’s Africa Center.

7 Likes

Sigh…

I wonder if this is the “forceful response” to the Taiwanese president meeting with US politicians?

5 Likes
6 Likes
7 Likes