Drums of War

I didn’t write it:

1 Like

I find odd that the author doesn’t even discuss why he didn’t include that intervention in his list. I remember writing a high-school history report on the subject of U.S. intervention in Latin-America. I most probably also did not include that case, since it kind of runs against the usual narrative.

3 Likes

He only lists successful interventions; perhaps he thinks of the installation of Agüero as a failure due to his brief tenure.

1 Like

2 Likes

This comes not long after Hamas and the PA had reconciled somewhat, too.

5 Likes

craig-ferg-go-wrong

3 Likes

:musical_note: Cause the language of power devour quick
Any silly biddy little pacifist or activist or challenges
Brown or black skin savages
Who inhabiting land with minerals in it
Who think for a minute that the rhetoric we spoke
Hope? Was not meant to be a joke
Don’t dream compassion will happen it won’t
Just go straight for the throat
Because any nation or races
That prove themselves incapable
Of matching modern murder machines
Make themselves enslavable :musical_note:

3 Likes

If you believed that I’ve got a bridge to sell you

Okay. Whatever you say man.

2 Likes

He’s been reading the Mining Journal: “Afghanistan: Who mines wins”

Richard Williams Afghan Gold and Mineral Co’s (AGM)Chief Exec says:

With the right team, a junior company can get into the very interesting geology here and spend a relatively small amount of money doing the normal junior early stage exploration, to get the thing up the value curve.

“If I was one of the majors, I’d be sitting and watching the juniors come in here and let them do the work for a period of time while the risks are high. And then if they find something interesting, do the deal to either partner in the development or purchase the more developed assets, which is really the standard model around the world.

“The only exception to this are those large companies that are able to take that reputational risk, have bottomless pits of money and have huge political capital behind them. That’s the parastatal miners, China Metallurgical Group Corp and India’s Steel Authority of India Ltd, both of whom have secured large and interesting prospects.”
However, AGM stands out for its strong Afghan contingent, he says. “There are three teams on the ground at the moment – the Indians, the Chinese, and us. What sets AGM apart is that it is 51% owned by an Afghan, it’s 51:49. This is an Afghan company, 95% of the staff are Afghans. We’ve got Afghan laboratories, Afghan drilling companies, Afghan mining companies.

Good read:

Edit: While nobody is looking trump is getting dirty in the mining sector.

2 Likes

2 Likes

A nice bedtime story from the folks at WaPo:

Sweet dreams.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/inthesedeserts/status/939612769325903872?s=17

Relevant due to the NYT’s constant cheerleading for war:

1 Like
1 Like

Scott Manley doing his thing:

1 Like

https://twitter.com/kiranopal/status/940646061529616384