Drums of War

While I appreciate the accuracy of that observation, and the suffering caused by it, nevertheless:

It’s important to remember that for every American loss in Iraq, hundreds of Iraqi civilians died. Same in Afghanistan, same in Vietnam, same in Korea. Same in the next one.

American military casualties are tragic for those who suffer them, but they are very much not the central locus of suffering in this situation. The legions are not the primary victim here.

3 Likes

I recognize the tragedy of what is often fairly heartlessly called “collateral damage,” I refer solely to the motivation behind getting our country involved in a pointless armed conflict again. I seriously doubt this administration would give two fucks about a bunch of brown folks in a shithole country dying, or indeed about American troops dying, if the result is a decrease in the intensity of scrutiny that Il Douche finds himself under. This sucks in every possible way, but I hold it as truth.

9 Likes
4 Likes
5 Likes

Makes great sense to me, but it’s a long haul and a tough row to hoe to convince more than a few Americans that the U.S. is an empire.

5 Likes

“They won’t even admit that the knife is there…”

7 Likes
7 Likes

Substantial action in Helmand Province.

Thread:

1 Like
3 Likes
6 Likes

Bout time he said it.

4 Likes

Yes totally normal.
The ruling class always had has a warrior class to do the dirty work for them.

2 Likes

Well that didn’t take long. How is that love affair going now?

4 Likes

Be careful what you wish for Mr Clancey…

Kudos to Ubisoft. Nice work.

Pretty much as some are imagining it would be like.

all-the-things-winning

6 Likes

Why do you keep mispeling1) his name?

1) I agree with Jasper Fforde - this is how it should be spelled.

3 Likes

Noted. Not a fan of his and it’s just what came to mind even though it’s right there in front of me!

Blame it on work!

2 Likes

I have achieved cross-thread pedantry… Where is my badge, Boing Boing?

4 Likes

PedantryBadge

4 Likes

4 Likes