4 Likes

1 Like

Wow, thanks for this link.

2 Likes
7 Likes
4 Likes

(Psssst … Putin might be in the room)

3 Likes

Hmm, I wonder if they’ll bother to ask what Koreans think about that.

Both sides have a lot of people who aren’t especially anxious to get back together with what’s become another country filled with people who have in many ways become very different, at least not all that quickly.

On the U.S. front, I’ve been wondering what Trump is trying to cook up with North Korea, by way of pulling up his approval ratings and distracting from his 1001 scandals.

2 Likes

Very strong majority support in South Korea for a peace treaty.

5 Likes

Makes sense. That is of course a far less radical step than reunification. I have heard that Koreans in general long for the latter, but as I said above, also that many aren’t in any great hurry.

3 Likes

“To initiate a war of aggression is not only an international crime; it is the supreme international crime, differing only from other war crimes in that it contains within itself the accumulated evil of the whole.”

–Justice Robert Jackson, Nuremberg, 1945

6 Likes

6861665259_55b341be24_z

That family’s rotten story really is quintessentially American, but in ways I can’t imagine CNN being anywhere near honest about.

5 Likes

Nazi collaboration, CIA death squads, election rigging, oil wars…yup.

6 Likes

My working hypothesis on Trump’s enthusiasm for withdrawing troops from Syria/Korea/etc is that he wants to eliminate distractions and concentrate his forces before starting another really big war.

5 Likes

Trump uses that much forethought? I’m dubious.

2 Likes

No but his handlers do.

7 Likes

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/02/27/boeing_loyal_wingman_fighter_jet_drone/

(Hmm. That’s the second link from El Reg that won’t inbox today.)

1 Like
6 Likes

Best way to direct attention away from accusations of corruption is to start bringing out troops home in bodybags. :sob:

2 Likes