Drunk college student arrested, expelled after racist tirade and physical assault

she’s young, blonde, and female.

She’ll just go on fox news, say she’s being oppressed, and get a job as an anchor.

7 Likes

As long as God accepts her apology, that is all that matters.

1 Like

I’m sure that’s true, but didn’t see any references to that in the linked stories. What are the details?

4 Likes

I’m curious why news outlets seem to be intent on reminding us that her parents came and picked her up. This is someone who’s an adult, right? She’s presumably over the age of 21 because she was drunk, right?

Like, if I were arrested for the same thing, the news probably wouldn’t feel it important to note that a friend picked me up the next morning?

Oh, wait. It’s because she’s a white woman and we need to somehow soften the fact that she’s a piece of shit so we need to give the impression that she’s still a child and/or not entirely responsible for her nonsense.

10 Likes

Bill Hader Snl GIF

12 Likes

From what I understand, the rmea culpa’s last week were not from her, but an account spoofing her.

Mm - but the other half is the new covenant that supersedes the previous one. But I agree, that the idea of forgiveness leads some people to use it as a “get out of consequences” card for bad behavior.

1 Like

One thing about that news clip that gives me hope is a Kentucky student who explains that this is a learned behavior, and not just some random dislike for Black folks. :+1:

8 Likes

Racist college student arrested, expelled after drunken tirade and physical assault

Fixed that headline for you

13 Likes

Yes, thank you!

Same misplaced emphasis occurred in the previous BB post about this racist asshole.

6 Likes

Or there’s no God and she shouldn’t be such a racist bitch.

8 Likes

Until she realizes that she’s racist, she can’t and won’t work to overcome her racism. I don’t expect she’ll ever realize and admit she has a problem.

3 Likes

My sarc closing tag didn’t render properly.

A personal conversation with God on this matter should be enough to put this issue to rest. If she says God forgives her, then who are we to judge? God has spoken.

end tag sarc

bad joke removed

Ah yes… no one north of the mason-dixon line is EVER racist. /s

Nope. Never.

11 Likes

Oh, there are plenty of very racist people/communities here in Michigan, let alone the rest of the north. I just failed to land a joke that was supposed to be at Kentucky’s expense.

1 Like

People in the south aren’t jokes. We’re fucking people. I wish people would realize that and stop acting like we’re the only fuck ups in this fucking country. Racism, misogyny, ALL OF IT, are national problems and always have been. Some of us are down here trying to save ALL of us and we STILL get treated like WE’RE the only problem.

FFS.

Paley Center No GIF by The Paley Center for Media

12 Likes

You’re not wrong, but this incident came to mind:

Google “uconn student jalapeno mac and cheese” for more.

1 Like

Thank you. In 2016 one-third of Alabama voted for Hillary, and 30% of Hawaii voted for Trump. It amazes me how eager our supposed allies are to sit back in some supposedly progressive bubble and throw stones instead of helping.

8 Likes

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

I’m in GA, and I think we’re a great example of how a state that most considered lost to the racists can be moved into a more sane place. We’re purple, for sure, and there is a lot problems with some places in the state, but that doesn’t change by just abandoning the people there fighting the good fight.

15 Likes

Oh dear, her whole “woe is me” response to this, insisting that she’s not racist! Well, I mean, the racism came from somewhere. Was she drinking racist alcohol that made her say those things?

Different phenomenon, I suspect - female cops face workplace hostility, so they’re a lot less likely to get the support of the police organizations that shield them from consequences. With college students, there’s probably something comparable if they’re especially rich/well connected. (Though getting caught on video diminishes the protective benefit of those privileges somewhat.)

Fox has previously contextualized students who were abusive to others (racist/homophobic, etc.) as being punished for their “conservative views.”

Sadly, being a drunken racist a-hole never goes out of style…

I’ve seen so many variations of this after a racist tirade. It never seems to even occur to them that they committed offenses against actual human beings - presumably because those people don’t count as such in their eyes. But they “aren’t racist”!

9 Likes