Drunk tourists face 10 years for spray painting ancient wall in Thailand

I hear you, but you still say “could.”

I’m willing to bet not everyone in Liverpool voted to remain.

Money is a hell of a drug; I’m betting that Thailand (being notably corrupt) will be more than willing to throw out jail time in exchange for $$$ beyond the reported fine. 10 year sentences tend to open up pocketbooks. That’s what this exercise is about (not to mention the fun had when fucking with foreigners).

PS: And more power to Thais as far as fucking with stupendously idiotic foreigners.

That’s because we 'murkans" are afraid of all you Crocodile Dundee, big knife-carrying types. The movie left an impression.

:wink:

Stonehenge is a feckin GALLERY of defacement.

2 Likes

Oh dear, such a shame they’re being punished. After all, they contributed so much to society already. Just think what they could do if set free.

Honestly, you can have so much fun in Thailand - of every stripe, clean or otherwise - that there’s simply no reason to break the law. Especially like this. It’s extreme, almost wilful thoughtlessness (if wilful thoughtlessness can be a thing). I guess I agree that they don’t deserve ten years (and probably won’t get it) but if someone knocks a bit of sense and responsibility into these two, we’ll all be better for it.

1 Like

Which is it?

1 Like

“I’m sorry, Sir, that colour only comes with the calligraphy nozzle.”

Please re-read this.Thank you!

PS: And more power to Thais as far as fucking with stupendously idiotic foreigners.

They don’t do Caning in Thailand but they do give lond sentences for crimes considered petty in other countries. Drunk Tourists…

Most of the content of our (UK) passport hasn’t really changed from the days when most of the world would have been part of the Empire and the default assumption would be that if you were somewhere that wasn’t, they’d better not get uppity or they soon would be, by Jove! /s

Serious answer - no, we don’t have travel advice like that in our passport.

It’s too full of propaganda images:

1 Like

It’s really not at all clear, but my best guess is that you’re coming from two contingent positions - anti-imperialism and third world nationalism - that counterbalance to determine the goodness or badness of corruption based on geographical location and the relative privilege of its victims.

1 Like

Taking the good with the bad; sometimes, one must find ‘happiness’ where one can.

In the case of the story, that just happened to be the situation. Otherwise, please see above.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.