Drunken gentleman on a high-speed train threatens the engineer with a fire extinguisher for speeding

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/03/18/drunken-gentleman-on-a-high-sp.html

2 Likes

It’s so hard to do the right thing when you don’t have a gun.

8 Likes

Well I guess that’s one problem we’ll never have in California now that our high speed rail project is essentially dead. :roll_eyes:

15 Likes

For once I can say - it can’t happen here.

19 Likes

Heidelberg is of course located in the South East corner of Germany, effectively making it the German Florida.

13 Likes

Not really, but it’d be a giggle if it were.

2 Likes

oh right, that’s why everybody forgot to shoot him!

2 Likes

The hard thing about being the good guy with the gun is realizing that everyone else on the train might be bad guys with guns, and arming up appropriately.

2 Likes

I don’t think he should be fined or jailed. But I think some thought should be given to having him strapped securely to the nose of a bullet train, and have it go as fast as possible. That should cure him of his tachophobia.

9 Likes

He should have used any non-ICE service of Deutsche Bahn if he wants slow trains.
But you cannot deny that his heart was in the right place (his common sense, not so much). He was just so drunk that he probably forgot that he was riding a bullet train and got scared for his and his fellow passangers lifes. Alignment: Clearly chaotic good.

4 Likes
3 Likes

We have Bavaria for that.

8 Likes

I always thought Bavaria was to Germany as Texas is to the US. The same sort of loud arrogance, quirky local habits, Munich much like Austin, and so on.

7 Likes

Its is basically that. Its the biggest state, most wealthy, but deeply conservative, the locals wear silly clothes and have a funny dialect.

5 Likes

Analogy breaks down on food and beer, however.

1 Like

Let me make sure I have it straight:
Texas: loud, conservative, funny clothes, bad beer, good food.
Bavaria: loud, conservative, funny clothes, good beer, bad food

Is that about right?

4 Likes

Hmm, I was going to reverse the food thing, but I’m not really familiar with regional German food, and I think I have to hand the loss to the side that invented (and named) “Dampfnudel”, even with Tex-Mex on the other side…

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong; I love spanferkel. And wursts are the best. A side of spaetzle would be great. But they can’t touch a good Texas brisket.

4 Likes

Texas BBQ is quite good, to be sure…but…grew up close to Memphis.

2 Likes

I’m ambiBBQ-dextrous. I love it all - Texas, Carolina, Memphis, KC, all that.

2 Likes