Ducks eating peas

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/20/ducks-eating-peas.html

10 Likes

I’ve seen this before and I remain just as horrified at the state of the water once those duck’s bills have been in it. I assume they’re generally full of mud.

21 Likes

So much more peaceful and pastoral than “ostriches annihilating the bowl of corn I was holding”… that process required a firm grip on the bowl and was not particularly … soothing … :thinking:

OstrichFeeding
Not something to try without a robust barrier between you and the birds.

12 Likes

Frankly, I feel the same about peas.

18 Likes

wow. I was nervous about that guys thumb.

7 Likes

I see that you are familiar with Water Foul. Cute as hell, but not so much on smarts or hygiene.

13 Likes

I was mildly irritated that he didn’t just put the bowl down. I have issues though.

1 Like

All we are saying… is give peas a chance… :grin:

20 Likes

They are my preferred veggie. With butter and a bit of salt.

5 Likes

I was about 10 when I encountered frozen peas, as opposed the the green diarrhea that is canned peas, and it was a revelation; they tasted like candy! I have no idea why my mother insisted on serving canned rather than frozen peas.

11 Likes

How rude! These bull terriers are much more polite, and apparently will eat anything up to and including lemon wedges and dill pickles

There are many crimes against apostrophes in the video.

7 Likes

I have a co-worker who always writes “Thank’s” in his emails. :confused:

7 Likes

Our Staffie will eat almost all of those things.

3 Likes

Yeah, I don’t know what those are, but they’re certainly not peas anymore. Flash frozen, or GTFO.

7 Likes

Discovered quite by accident that cats, or at least a neighbor’s cat who adopted us, love cooked peas.

6 Likes

I´ve seen something like this before, ducks fucking LOVE peas.

4 Likes

Peas and gnocchi are some of the few foods that work well when frozen!

3 Likes

Aw yiss.

1 Like

This is better for ducks than bread as they get better nutrition and you can give them cold or frozen peas sometimes (I think frozen is a bit iffy tbh).

2 Likes