Dune fandom praised

30 Likes

“When religion and politics travel in the same cart, the riders believe nothing can stand in their way. Their movements become headlong - faster and faster and faster. They put aside all thoughts of obstacles and forget the precipice does not show itself to the man in a blind rush until it’s too late.”
― Frank Herbert, Dune

“Absolute power does not corrupt absolutely, absolute power attracts the corruptible.”
― Frank Herbert

“We Bene Gesserit sift people to find the humans.”
― Frank Herbert, Dune

Just some random quotes…

Fear is the mind killer.

13 Likes

I was surprised just how quickly the Emperors went from bad to rotten.

2 Likes

27 Likes

Lord of the Rings is totally problematic. This is one of my all-time favorite Existential Comics:

The Council of Elrond

25 Likes

He who controls the Dune memes controls the internet:

17 Likes

There goes the last pure fandom.

4 Likes

Despite Paul’s initial belief in his prescience, the book makes it quite clear that he was the victim of a series of accidents, as are we all.

3 Likes

The David Lynch movie was more scenes from Dune than Dune itself.

It RAINED at the end. I involuntarily yelled NO when I saw this and the entire theater applauded my comment.

7 Likes

best patrick stewart voice

“There are only two pugs”

14 Likes

How much would a “b” team going going to the desert to shoot some wide shots of extras in stillsuits walking through the desert cost? Because trying to suggest a vast desert on a smallish sound stage just didn’t work.

2 Likes

Was one of them Sandy Spice?

4 Likes

I’m the same way with video games…it would be so, sooo nice to be able to remember say, anatomy, or law, but nope, just video game plot points and mechanics I came across once a long time ago.

2 Likes

The opening scene (see word-free video) reminds me of another upcoming tete-a-tete between heads of state.

Also, https://78.media.tumblr.com/35938fa37db221ca0174f5e710152156/tumblr_ndgp0cLOMd1rl43cyo1_1280.png

4 Likes

I do admit that the whole forced-marriage arrangement with the empress was kind of a jerkish move. No wonder why she was conspiring against him in the next installment. Who’d blame her?

6 Likes

My bad. It was only one pug.

But why did they choose a pug? Why did not they choose a fierce and fearless dog like a miniature pinscher?

4 Likes

My bad. Duke Leto only had one puppy. On the other side, the empereor of known universe had serveral dogs frolicking around his throne room.

2 Likes

Do they allow the dogs up on the chair-dogs?

3 Likes

18 Likes

Hahhahahaha. Now I see your point.

1 Like