Dungeons & Dragons player goes camping as his character, carrying his character's belongings

Originally published at: Dungeons & Dragons player goes camping as his character, carrying his character's belongings | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Look at that awesome geek, LARPing about!

Stephen Colbert GIF by Showtime

Perfect name.

11 Likes

I salute his commitment and joie de vivre. Also his bravery; Mrs. F has a strict policy of feeding all bards we encounter to the nearest kobold colony. If they insist on declaiming or singing, she makes them eat their lute first.

12 Likes

Where’s the 10’ pole?

12 Likes

I love the idea behind this, but I really hope this guy knows what he’s doing out there. It’s way easier to die/get seriously injured in the wilderness than some people realize.

3 Likes

http://www.solegends.com/citle1990/numbered/le20completeadv/index.htm

12 Likes

Ah, it’s a kitchen sink. For a second I saw it as a block of ice, which I also liked very much!

5 Likes

That wasn’t weird, that was a random encounter.

18 Likes

He could have taken along friends to carry up to 500lbs of additional gear, and call them “Bag of Holding”.

9 Likes

Plus iron spikes, a lump of chalk, a silver mirror and a sprig of wolves bane? Maybe this is a 5th edition loadout rather than a 3rd edition one?

6 Likes

Man, I sort of backpacked in Europe for a month… I mean, I had a big back pack, but it mostly stayed at the hotel/hostel. But holy shit, I quickly found what you could wear in the bedroom and walk around, and what you could carry for 30 min in a city were two different things.

I hope the staff at the Italian hotel found use for those Levis 550s and other stuff where I decided to abandon to lighten the load.

3 Likes

A bard with a ukelele…

tiny tim GIF

14 Likes

Well… It might have been his first encounter of any kind for 18 months.

That’s bound to feel a bit weird.

5 Likes

Meanwhile, the folks at Middle Earth Rangers Forum are like “Hold my ale”:
http://middleearthrangers.org/forum/

1 Like

Indeed.

“OK, let me roll this dice to see how many hit points I get when this bear attacks me.”

The 10’ pole fell out of popularity over the last couple of editions.

Oh, for sure 5e, he’s got the basic Explorer’s Pack

Personally, I prefer the Burglar’s or Dungeoneer’s pack

4 Likes

Exactly.

Kids these days. No appreciation for the classics.

4 Likes

Thank you!

[Clutching my 1978 AD&D Player’s Handbook]

6 Likes

a bell, a candle? where’s the book?

3 Likes