Dungeons & Dragons player goes camping as his character, carrying his character's belongings

You need to borrow that from the cleric in the party.

3 Likes

What I want to know is how much of a point penalty to move silently the thief gets for carrying a bagful of metal objects?

3 Likes

One would assume the bag is packed in such a way that said items don’t just clatter loosely around inside it. That said in 5e ‘penalties’ for skill checks like stealth aren’t a thing. So the DM would set an appropriately high difficulty for the check /or/ considering stealth is usually an opposed check vs the perceptions of anyone observing the DM could say the check will be at a disadvantage (roll twice, choose the lower). Stealth at a disadvantage is the mechanic that gets applied when attempting to sneak in heavy armor for instance.

3 Likes

I’ve been playing Dungeons & Dragons Online since 2008, and I assume it would probably register as added weight that might impede speed of movement. Most definitely, it would be a couple of points off of the swim skill for awkwardness.

Also, the preview/consumer testing server is releasing the Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh this month. I can’t wait until it hits the regular servers!

2 Likes

Or the Warlock; they’ll probably be more than happy to introduce you to their Patron.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.