Dustin Yellin's stupendous, life-sized glass-pane humanoids made from NatGeo clippings

[Read the post]

2 Likes

Okay, those are really incredible.

5 Likes

HFS. People stun me. That has to be one of the most incredible things I’ve seen. I can’t even… How is it possible to be that brilliant?

2 Likes

Postmodern art in the 21st century has largely been a celebration of material glitz; Yellin’s work has that for sure, but it goes well beyond, into deeper meaning and new territory - something I grew despairing of seeing anew. Bravo Dustin!

2 Likes

Those glass blocks must be heavy as shizzle.

2 Likes

What I wouldn’t give for a series of Superheroes done with pieces for their respective comics.

1 Like

Is it really nerdy of me to say that they look like Star Trek transporter accidents?

6 Likes

3 Likes

The way they’re being stored does rather suggest they’re being looked at by Top Men.

1 Like

Top men…

2 Likes

To me this is a perfect example of metamodernism. (Although I have not inspected the clippings themselves, they are irrelevant to my claim.) This is the type of work I like, in that it is thought provoking and accessible, not self-indulgent and cruel.

4 Likes

Slightly OT, but I’m curious what the adhesive is, anybody know?

1 Like

If this were Marcel Duchamp, I’d say, “Semen”…

Really beautiful! and though bearing a passing resemblance to the Bodies exhibits, soooo much more ethical, almost to the point of being a commentary on them…

I was blown away by the piece in the lobby of Pioneer Works earlier this year… Some details:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.