E.T. II, the mega-dark sequel that never happened

Misread as Short Winky Jesus and nearly died laughing.

7 Likes

De Palma would have made a sequel.

1 Like

I’d heard he didn’t want to make a sequel but his contract forced him to write one, so it’s intentionally so terrible it woulnd’t get maed. I am tryinng to cite or fix spelling on this but my dog is on me and has other ideas sorruy

1 Like

Came here for this - It’s hard to imagine them being physically threatening as is - like, was the original ET just the bottom of the barrel? OR like daleks, we just pretend that stairs without a ramp wouldn’t defeat them.

I mean, it would be kind of a masterstroke if a movie could legit make them scary without changing the setup from the first movie.

Threatening waddling intensifies…

4 Likes

I remind you that E.T. was able to make a circular saw blade fly through the air with his mind. If you got one of those guys legitimately angry you’d have the ending of Carrie.

6 Likes

Reading the treatment, it sure seemed like he wrote it to get the studio execs to shut up and go away - I’m seriously doubting he had any intention of making this thing.

1 Like

4 Likes

Or Hellraiser — I seem to remember that actually happening in one of those flicks, with saw blades. :grimacing:

1 Like

Waddle waddle - ARROWED!

guardians of the galaxy GIF by Marvel

4 Likes

For that matter he wouldn’t even need to use a projectile. Any being that can levitate a group of people several hundred feet into the air can also drop people from several hundred feet in the air.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.