Early Trent Reznor deserves a little love too

I wonder how many friends Tori made by mentioning them in her songs… Reznor, Neil Gaiman…

1 Like

Also, I loved this guy in Ghostbusters.

1 Like

I absolutely fucking love that album, but that’s about the worst song on it. lol These two are my personal favorites, still in regular rotation on my playlists:

Is it this ad? Apparently Mark included subliminal lyrics saying “sugar is bad for you.” I could also imagine Mark being tickled by the ad seemingly proudly celebrating the idea of being (or acting like) a mindless automaton.

Other than some broad aesthetic similarities, I don’t see where Head Like a Hole is based on this or sampling it or whatever, but I’m not musical at all, so it’s possible the melodies or bass like or whatever could be the same and that fact just isn’t registering for me.

1 Like

Almost the exact same melody starting at :32, that in Head Like a Hole follows the lyrics:

Bow down before the one you serve
You’re going to get what you deserve

I guess that means having Hawaiian Punch spilled all over you as you dance, but hey… :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I see Trent Reznor has never not looked exactly like Sandman.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.