Ecuador's famous rock formation, Darwin's Arch, collapses

Originally published at: Ecuador's famous rock formation, Darwin's Arch, collapses | Boing Boing

10 Likes

Bummer.

7 Likes

Time marches on.

11 Likes
5 Likes

I can’t listen to this song all the way through… too much memento mori for me.

2 Likes

Are they certain it wasn’t damaged by a large animal that may have escaped from Isla Sorna? :wink:

4 Likes

Time arches on, too!

And on note of pedantic distraction, if “Darwin’s arch … collapsed Monday” how exactly was Monday collapsed by Darwin’s arch? Oh, the arch collapsed ON Monday! I was wondering if this was a new celebration day - ‘Collapsed Monday’, like Easter Monday (the day he rose from the dead?) or ‘DVD Monday’ (that day in the year when all films are released - you know …(very shouty voice) “[name of film] out on DVD Monday

4 Likes

“Monday was rushed to Mt. Memorial Hospital and is reported to be in stable condition. The hospital will a hold a press conference later this afternoon and her podiatrist is expected to provide an update on her condition.”

4 Likes

No wonder it collapsed. It was made of natural stone.

3db277429ceab6c6ebcf3b011fe81462

2 Likes

Everything is ‘only temporary,’ eventually.

4 Likes

Oddly, a natural sandstone bridge near my town collapsed a few days ago.

It’s all connected, man!

3 Likes

Oooohhhh… Darwin’s Arch “evolved”!

3 Likes

Erosion. We HAVE TO STOP IT!

Darwin’s ark?

Now that was an interesting thing.

Darwin’s Arch looks very similar to the Azure Window of Malta, which collapsed in 2017, just after showing up in Game of Thrones: Azure Window - Wikipedia

So…Darwin’s Pillars now?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.