Edward Mordrake: the man with an evil little face on the back of his head

Originally published at: Edward Mordrake: the man with an evil little face on the back of his head | Boing Boing

5 Likes

I’m not saying it was Voldemort…
… but it was Voldemort.

14 Likes

Tom Waits did a song about him once (I think the accompanying video was a fan project though).

10 Likes

I used to sing this song to my kid (most of the album, actually) to get them to sleep when they were a baby.

4 Likes

“Edward Mordrake” → (air wand wiggle) → “Draw Me Dark Doer” (…nah)

3 Likes

According to the written description the face on the back of his head was female. So it seems likely that the assignment of an evil nature to it is just misogyny, and that the “bad things” that it whispered to him probably included stuff like “women are full persons deserving of respect”

14 Likes

(flips wand)

Adder Drakeworm

4 Likes

Eeeeew. Let’s say it’s just a legend please.
But in here you will find something similar, if you are so inclined:

Kraken_(novel)_cover

Brrrrrrr.

7 Likes

Look on the bright side, the evil little face will probably never need glasses because hindsight is 20/20.

I’ll see myself out.

16 Likes

While this appears to be pure fiction, my first thought was that it might have been a teratoma with lots of exaggeration.

10 Likes

I was thinking perhaps an underdeveloped conjoined twin.

7 Likes

Quato?

4 Likes

Schizophrenia?

3 Likes

Yeah, I thought first of these twins

though I remember some others that could, to some weak extent, share thoughts.

Imagine being that little evil face! Unable to control the body that you’re on, watching the world go by without you. No wonder she resented Edward.

3 Likes

Not likely. More likely to be a tumor.

1 Like

/s

arnold schwarzenegger its not a tumor GIF

6 Likes

I have the same problem but you don’t hear me whining about it.

3 Likes

The back of your head does

10 Likes

Occam’s Razor seems to indicate a delusion, esp. since it was invisible and inaudible to everyone else! But madhouses at the time weren’t any better than suicide…Just a sad case.

Or a residual twin that wasn’t totally absorbed by the body. I doubt the exaggerated accounts of it having independent thought or functional eyes and mouth but maybe facial muscles and skin were present and people saw what they wanted to see.

3 Likes