Elderly person has used live hand grenade as a hammer for 20 years (video)

Do the Chinese use round hammers? The grenade does look superficially like a sculptor’s tool.

6 Likes

I’ve heard quite a few musicians claim that, if they had a hammer, they’d hammer out danger; but I think we’ve found the real contender.

8 Likes

Sounds like she got particularly lucky with the other feature they felt the need to point out: “it was poorly manufactured and resulted in many duds”.

Still a crazy risk to take; “dud” as in “the fuze did not operate as intended during hasty deployment under jungle conditions” hardly implies “there is no picric acid busily making angry metal salts and muttering about grievances inside the fragmentation housing”.

8 Likes

Maybe she thought It was a pestle and sometimes used It as a makeshift hammer.

5 Likes

However, that theory has been debunked by a police statement that the grenade had been properly destroyed to avoid accidental injury.

It sounds like they blew it up. Her house demolished by the workers who spotted it, and a favorite utensil destroyed.

4 Likes

…makes you dinner?

5 Likes

Maybe the degraded acid conveyed a unique flavour. Grandma’s secret recipe!

4 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes

How does one ensure that their hammer is not a live hand grenade? Asking for a friend.

5 Likes

If you hit something with it and it doesn’t explode, you’re good!

4 Likes

Ok cool! They said it didn’t explode, but that it requested consent for third party access to personal, biometric, and tax data or it will hit nails all wonky. But it’s not grenade, so it’s all good, right?

5 Likes

A 90-year-old grandma used a grenade as a hammer for over 20 years.

A concerned friend of hers 20 years ago, watching her crack nuts, not noticing the grenade: “You know, I’m worried you won’t make it to 75. But it’s good you’re eating more nuts; good for you.”

3 Likes

… did it enable motion-smoothing by default and offer us no way to turn it off :confused:

5 Likes

There was the option to turn it off but it didn’t actually change anything.

5 Likes

Or…

shake weight GIF

3 Likes

That’s very 2024.

4 Likes

or maim

2 Likes

Internet win for the day.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.