Election Day or Stockholm Syndrome

I don’t think there’s much to worry about, though. Road funding with Federal, State and local participation already happens, so the GAO wouldn’t exactly be reinventing the wheel.

5 Likes

Have you met right-thinking Americans?

11 Likes

As a US ex-pat currently living in Australia, I’d just like to point out that our local media typically doesn’t show us the interesting stuff until at least six months after it’s been screened in the US, and sometimes for much longer.

As such, I’d like to invoke the standard “No Spoilers” rule, and ask that no one spoil the results of the election until I’ve had a chance to watch it for myself. Which I’ll try to do before the end of November 2020. (But no promises.)

Fair?

13 Likes

I was talking about Brexit, but yeah, I do have objections to those initiatives, but I’d still happily support federal funding for polling stations. Hardly just CA, anyway. We have our own idiot up here:

5 Likes

He could make an actual good initiative and would still vote no out spite for that dickweed.

5 Likes

Same here. My polling station is down the street from my house.

4 Likes

I drove three hours to my polling station last October. My country doesn’t allow for mail ballots after five years’ absence. (Voter suppression!) Supposedly the Supreme Court will eventually try the case to restore vote-by-mail rights for expats.

I was just so happy to vote. I hope the people who have to wait bring cushions and good reading material, or start drafting letters to their county elections departments and secretaries of state demanding more polling places next election.

6 Likes

I remember having to wait in line for about a half hour in '04, when I briefly lived in Orlando.

Besides that once, I can’t recall waiting any other time. I guess I’ve been really fortunate.

6 Likes

Yuck. I’m still in denial about how much of my life was squandered there.

6 Likes

I was there less than 6 months, and while I was still pregnant.

Not an overall pleasant time in my life.

7 Likes

I washed up on its rocky shore during the Bad Decade of my life. Fifteen years later I still avoid it. (Shiver runs down spine)

5 Likes

Front page of infowars:

5 Likes

BWAHAHAHAHA. Doesn’t the dude who started/runs that shithole live in Austin TX? He’ll be getting his taco truck on every corner pretty soon I hope.

7 Likes

Every election eve I think of this song

1 Like
2 Likes

I must say … Austin is an odd choice for someone like him to set up shop. A blue oasis in a sea of red. Edit: Yeah ok so he’s from Austin so I can’t blame him for staying there. But I’d want to get out of there if I were outnumbered as he is.

5 Likes

Breitbart:

6 Likes

If you need a break, here’s a koala chaser…squee!

http://mypolice.qld.gov.au/southbrisbane/2016/11/07/youll-never-guess-found-inside-one-womans-bag-wishart/?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

12 Likes

I want every elected official to wear patches and branding to show who has donated. The bigger the patch the bigger their campaign contribution. Like in NASCAR.

14 Likes

I support The Heat Death of the Universe revolution, but it doesn’t look like it will happen today.

Maybe in four years time?

10 Likes