Election Day or Stockholm Syndrome

Oooohhhh. Aaaahhhhh.

3 Likes

I’m surprised that our local government actually is calling him on his bullshit and pursuing action. I’m not surprised that local Republicans/Libertarians keep giving him money to fuck up.

2 Likes

I stopped on my way out to piss on an I-4 sign and to hurl an uneaten (!) boiled peanut at the city.

6 Likes

I quite surprised at the number of comparisons between this shit show and the brexit shit show.

Just after the brexit results a few right wing commentators, in other places I frequent, seemed to hail this as a right wing victory. Except, Remain was the official stance of the right wing party and (a little begrudgingly) the left wing party. A major supporter of Remain is now the Prime minister of the right wing party and a lot of the main Leave headline acts have now left the room, leaving behind a bad smell.

What does ‘Brexit-like victory’ even mean? It will be super close, but no actual majority because not everyone turned out to vote? So, like most elections then? Does it mean ‘NOT a landslide’?

1 Like

There will be a load of Trump voters who immediately regret it?

14 Likes

The good news is that if Breitbart and Infowars tell you it’s true, you know it ain’t.

8 Likes

You are a mutant after my own heart.

3 Likes

I hope this is right; I really, really hope that you guys don’t wake up to a Brexit scenario over the coming days.

10 Likes

9 Likes

What does ‘Brexit-like victory’ even mean?

There will be a load of Trump voters who immediately regret it?

I don’t know, I get the feeling the pro-Trump crew will welcome the Orange dawn.
Even in the following years, while they put bundles of now worthless dollars onto the fire to protect from the nuclear winter, they will just continue to blame [any remaining minority], rather than their Orange God.

5 Likes

Voted. May the best woman win.

18 Likes

May the worst man lose.

And I do mean the worst. In every way.

11 Likes

He’s already regretting this.

“If we don’t win, I will consider this the single greatest waste of time, energy…and money,”

I like how he tacked on “and money”. Oh yeah, the money part. I totally forgot about the money part.

10 Likes

Someone else will foot the bill, as always.

After he dies, we’ll find out that he’s been penniless since the 80s and has just been coasting by on confidence tricks and name recognition since then.

11 Likes

This is just another failed grift, piled on top of all the other ones. A shitty businessman, and a failed confidence trickster to boot.

How long after this does down do you think he might see more serious action?

As a white collar criminal he has been pretty protected, but he’s been getting steadily sloppier and I could imagine that one time he might make the decision which has consequences, a law that is enforced, a prosecutor who would do their job, and a jury who doesn’t respond as well to his outbursts and diminishing charisma.

It’s probably doubtful, but he’s losing it rapidly and enough mistakes may still catch up.

10 Likes

The Phantom Menace is of course awful, but I think the ridiculous conceit of a planet electing a 14-year-old girl as Queen still left them with a better (and more qualified) head of state than Donald Trump could ever hope to be.

16 Likes

There have been babies ruling over countries, and those babies were more qualified than Herr Drumpf.

7 Likes

I would like nothing better than for Donald Trump to have wasted the last 18 months of his life.

11 Likes

Brexit barely passed though …?

2 Likes

I just heard today where that came from, apparently. Politics, natch.

This guy:

Appointing his nephew as his replacement as Prime Minister.

3 Likes