Election Day or Stockholm Syndrome

The Phantom Menace is of course awful, but the teenager elected by the Naboo to rule over them was vastly more qualified and mature than Herr Drumpf.

6 Likes

Well, I’m sure they got him at quite the discount.

2 Likes

We’re approaching close of business in EST, and I have been avoiding news all day. Frankly, I’m scared to look.

Voted at an ideal time, only a few people in front of me; possibly the shortest time it’s ever taken for me to vote on a national ballot. Went home, made lunch, then we went bowling. Because why not? Played some video games, went to Costco, and we’re finally home roasting some pumpkin seeds. If today was the end of everything even a little bit good, let be known that I feel my son and I spent it well.

12 Likes

Tonight I’m gonna party like it’s 1999!

12 Likes

Oh, my

10 Likes

man, this kind of reporting is poison.

the state races are close. Clinton may get the popular vote, but Trump’s getting the electoral votes.

he is not getting his ass kicked. once again, the stereotype of us libs being smug and out-of-touch is coming to bear, and in the worst possible way.

8 Likes

I’ll have you know I was smug and out of touch way before I developed good politics. I was a smug and out of touch Perot voter in my youth, so, really, I have this coming. Also good at disappointment, which may come in handy in the upcoming days.

11 Likes

This, this, and all of this.

There was no outreach to progressives either. More like ha ha, we won, get in line. Meanwhile, the Right used the same fear tactics the Left did, and Clinton Derangement Syndrome is really damn strong.

8 Likes

I’ve passed through most of the nausea, and entered into anger. It’s another great day to have a white penis in America.

12 Likes

I possess one of those, and am no happier than you, I assure you.

15 Likes

what @null said. fuck i am just sad. it is not a great day for anyone but doubly so for anyone not a white male and we fucking did it to ourselves.

16 Likes

My daughter at a local college has just asked to come home to study for midterms. I asked why and she said:

You should have seen the quad last night
People were lighting things on fire and screaming at each other
There are a lot of people who are actually scared
it’s just ridiculous that this could happen
That a president should make people act this way
He literally played on the worst in people

And that’s at a diverse school.

16 Likes

How’d you know they were ladies?

Because they are.

3 Likes

What Liz said. They’re Regulars, you just signed up.

4 Likes
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 102 days. New replies are no longer allowed.