Elections 2018

Here’s hoping.

6 Likes

FYI Comrades

3 Likes

Had a choke on your tongue moment taking my wife and mother-in-law to vote. My wife was explaining to her mom that Corey Stewart is a white supremacist like the klan. She responds, “The klan? We don’t like them, do we? They kill people.” The woman is 84, and i daresay around here has probably had more firsthand experience with the klan than most. Ah well.

6 Likes

I picked up my sticker this morning. Voted down a balanced budget amendment and voted not to retain an anti-abortion state supreme court justice. I looked into school board elections and it’s really hard to research that unless you email the candidates directly. I went with the career teacher over the other very nice, and also very capable people who would have done a good job minus one person who was too into lunch-shaming. I voted straight-ticket Dem otherwise.

4 Likes

Here we go…

3 Likes

OneBox is failing, so here’s the headline:

Georgia GOP candidate Brian Kemp was foiled by his own state’s voter ID law when he tried to vote

[insert your finest collection of “HA HA” GIFs here]

Also from that article:

On Election Day, allegations of voter suppression at the hands of the secretary of state were raised again when two precincts in largely African-American districts reported that they could not turn on electronic voting machines because they were not provided power cords.

Total Normal Functioning Democracy. :no_mouth:

8 Likes

NPR is projecting a hex wavelength of blue I see. :slight_smile:

2 Likes
8 Likes

The only US network I can watch is CNN, the talking heads are, well, talking their heads off. I don’t really understand the fascination with a group of people arguing on tv. Maybe because it accurately mirrors the divide in the country?

1 Like

Wow, just wow.

Also that dramatic music running in the background all the time. What the hell?

You’d be better off muting the channel and turning on Closed Captioning.

Oh, and having a drink.

8 Likes

Polls starting to close now. Here we go…

2 Likes

Oh I’m not watching this sober, that would be too much :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

That’s the only way I’ll watch any kind of network news.

Obviously.

7 Likes

On the house!

QeDa8nl

8 Likes

So when do we expect preliminary results to be announced? Exit polls etc.

2 Likes

Now 9 characters

First result just called for an unsurprising R hold in Kentucky somewhere, the show has started.

2 Likes

I’m not doing the blow-by-blow; it’s bad for my psyche.

I’m going to the polls after work, then I’m getting stoned like nobody’s business.

13 Likes