Elections 2018

Speaks well for the future anyway.

5 Likes

i note that whatever our disagreements about manchin might be, he has managed to clinch his race.

4 Likes

Beto leading, Stacey Abrams losing.

2 Likes

As of right now. All in all. GOP is winning overall. And it’s fucking table flipping disappointing.

Fuck this country.

8 Likes

Not yet. Don’t flip the table, odds on we take the house, by less than we thought, but still. The battle goes on.

5 Likes

The Senate was always a real long shot and we’re picking up some seats in the House and chances of a majority here are still looking good. But a Blue Wave this does not make. Sadly this isn’t at all surprising to me. If we don’t at least regain the House I fear we are well and truly fucked.

7 Likes

Oh, there’s a wave. It’s just about timing.

2 Likes

Texas is surprisingly blue on John King’s screen right now.

Yes and we’ve known for a long time that gerrymandering was going to be a huge problem taking years to overcome. We’re starting now, it’ll continue.

4 Likes

Why the long face? So far, Cruz and Brat are both losing. And Wexton beat Comstock. And the Trumpster Corey Stewart lost, too.

1 Like

That and voter ID Constitutional Amendments on State ballots? That’s so gross I can’t even

1 Like

538 is reporting that with 16% in, the Dem is up by 13 points in the Kansas governor’s race.

2 Likes

How’s the Florida race?

1 Like

MSNBC has the Republicans up in both the gov and the senate. Not by huge margins (both under 100,000), but also without a lot of the vote left outstanding.

1 Like

Cruz and Beto going back and forth by the minute. Anyone’s race, far tighter than predicted.

1 Like

Not quite, Cruz is still the 3:1 favorite and early voting is still carrying O’Rouke (the votes that also sank Valdez).

1 Like

So 50/50? This is more a roadmap than a memory of 2016. I’m not looking forward to 2020, but Ocasio-Cortez is coming.

1 Like

2018 house forecast

pundits should freeze their predictions the day before an election and take their lumps if they’re wrong

4 Likes

It’s at 7:10 in the house now. Because live coverage of elections are garbage, and always will be - I hate to think how much fivethirtyeight is making on live predictions tonight.

3 Likes