Elections 2018

Kansas now has a Democrat governor. If that’s not a positive sign, I don’t know what is.

9 Likes

Can anyone please explain what is going on with California’s 8th Congressional District, which has two Republican candidates? How is that possible? Is that place so conservative that Democrats just gave up?

1 Like

111c052a4e5e48d36b68f992381ced58

3 Likes
14 Likes

California has a “jungle” primary system, where everyone votes for whoever they want, and the top two vote-getters advance to the general election. It’s the same reason there are two Democrats on the ballot for CA Senate this year. The area might be conservative enough that the Democratic candidate (if one did run, I don’t know who all participated) got shut out there.

4 Likes

That sounds confusing.

I voted, and now I’m not anxiously watching the returns; instead I’m getting zooted.

Toke 'em if ya got 'em.

12 Likes

nate silver says that most of the remaining Texas vote is in republican dominated precincts.

1 Like

Except for Harris

EDIT

I mean it won’t help, but it’s true

1 Like

Think of it as a nonpartisan election, and then a run-off

3 Likes

Several outlets have called it for Cruz at this point. It was a lot closer than it had any reason to be, though, which is good.

2 Likes

NBC calling the house for the dems. This could get interesting.

5 Likes

If you don’t look and see that there are still WAY TOO MANY PEOPLE VOTING FOR THE GOP then I don’t know what to say.

Somehow these fucking imbeciles vote against their own best interests every god damn time. I’m sick of it.

5 Likes

Obligs, since I’ve been waiting ages to use this one:

7 Likes

well, Kris Kobach lost, so that fills me with some joy. vote-suppressing incompetent hack

Kemp & Cruz both won which sucks, but for very different reasons. Cruz is terrible, but he legit won. Kemp stole an election and I really hope he gets charged & impeached

7 Likes

It is going largely as was predicted. See thread on LBJ quote.

1 Like

The House?

1 Like

plus, the senate looks like it will be an exceptionally dangerous ally of Drumpf. I mean, they do control appointments.

Hope the House goes blue and gets feisty.

6 Likes

Donnelly’s out. The piece of shit lost to a bigger piece of shit. Can’t say I’m either surprised or dejected. After all, 38% more only gets us the same status quo.

We can’t keep papering over the fact that bipartisanship buys less and less.

1 Like

Both. Senate was NEVER realistically in play, the house would have been a disaster if we had lost it.

3 Likes