Elections 2018

Predictions are useless lately

2 Likes

In the federal elections they were pretty accurate. The local races, not so much. Abrams is disappointing, but that election was skeevy from the get go.

2 Likes

Some down-ticket races to look at:

State attorney general races have taken a back seat to the legislature in places like Florida. But if Democratic nominee Sean Shaw wins in the Sunshine State, they will join Democratic attorneys general in Maryland and the District of Columbia in filing suit over the emoluments clause, challenging Trump’s business ties to foreign entities in violation of the Constitution.

eta: Never mind on the Florida one.

3 Likes

And is there a fucking point there?! What just because expectations were ABC does it mean I can’t be pissed that it went that way?

Clinton was supposed to be trump on 2016 based on expectations. How’d that turn out???

I’m fucking pissed off that the country I reside in still votes against its self interests. I get to express that and do not appreciate nor need you to tell me “but that’s what was expected”.

You have the right to do as you please. Expecting assholes to not be assholes is a losing bet, though.

3 Likes

[HYPERVENTILATING GRADUALLY LESSENS]

3 Likes

538 just called the house for Democrats actually.

2 Likes

I think everyone just did.

Not what I was hoping for, but not a worst case result either. Earlier when the house was rated as a tossup, I was kind of freaking out.

A world where Nunes isn’t leading the HPSCI is an incremental improvement.

3 Likes

Bratt is out. That makes me very happy.

4 Likes

Let’s celebrate, then. Our house!

9 Likes

Dems are winning in Iowa, except Steve fucking King. I am flabbergasted.

3 Likes

Michigan is interesting. Many races are too close to call, but the Republican candidate for governor just conceded, so our new gov’s a Democrat. And my new Democratic Congresswoman, Rashida Tlaib, is one of two possible first Muslim women elected to the House. (And if she remains as feisty and progressive in Congress as she was as my state representative, you’ll be hearing a lot more about her.) Plus all of our Proposals look like they’ll pass, so we get automatic voter registrations and easy absentee ballots, fair redistricting… and legal Marijuana!

…Dear Goddess, if Kemp takes Georgia, I hope everybody and their brother files lawsuits to block the election. I know that’s the slimmest thread of hope, but we need some, dammit.

7 Likes

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ocasio-cortez-wins-house-seat-becoming-youngest-woman-elected-to-congress

16 Likes

I hate you for posting Fox content!!!

(Not really! She’s awesome)

:+1:

9 Likes

Yeah, I know, the lower part of the article is pretty rough on her. But she still won, so suck it, FoxNews.

7 Likes

9 Likes

11 Likes

Still a wash. A warm Dem body in the seat, but one who’s willing to betray critical core values. I just hope another Supreme Court Justice doesn’t retire or that Il Douche continues trying to get rid of birthright citizenship.

4 Likes

Losing 2 seats in the Senate. What the fuck, America.

5 Likes