Winter is coming

The USA remains firmly headed towards an ever-more gerrymandered and voter-suppressed future, assuring a Party-of-Trump House in 2022, and a Party-of-Trump president in 2024.

But boy did we have a good time laughing at Trump’s blog!

3 Likes

You sound like you’ve already given up and laid down in defeat.

15 Likes

Yeah, observing that a disaster looms is just … defeatist.

1 Like

Compared to what, though?

It’s kind of like the whole MAGA thing, no one could ever answer when it was so great, or for whom (at least not in mixed company, not honestly).
Things are scary, to be sure, but to act like it’s the worst it’s ever been…that’s just wrong, if you’re talking about all voters.

P.S. for context- my great-grandmother, who I was lucky enough to know into my 20s, came of age right when women got the vote in this country.

13 Likes
5 Likes

So…are you saying Trump’s blog wasn’t risible? Or that it was silly to pay attention to the fact that it failed unlike social media, which sheds some light on the tools important to the Party-of-Trump that we hope to oppose? Or what? Other than objecting to the idea that people might indulge in a moment of an emotion other than pure despair, I’m not sure what you are trying to say here.

15 Likes

We have to be vigilant and keep track of what the fascists are doing, but we can’t give them the publicity they crave. We have to mock them as the fools they are, but we can’t not take them seriously or make jokes about them. We have to expose them, denounce them, and challenge their lies, but we can’t waste time pointing out where, how, and why they are wrong. We know they are wrong but we will not waste time debating them or explaining why they are wrong. We must pay attention to what they are doing but we must not go down their rabbit holes of crazy. We have to get the majority of good people on our side but we cannot allow anyone with differing opinions to join our cause.

3 Likes

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

12 Likes

Winter is coming…

df1ba9ed444fecc8080b79ece0988537

5 Likes

YES!
bring it!
this LIB WON’T BE PWNED!

4 Likes

It’s like some people have already forgotten about the two “impossible” Senate race wins in Georgia. Memories of houseplants, some people.

12 Likes

So you’re saying everybody needs to stop whatever they’re currently doing, including laughing at stupid blogs, and instead follow your Excellent Plan to Defeat Trump, which is currently a secret :thinking:

7 Likes

It is possible that the things that you have said will come to pass, but it is not set in stone. We can fight this outcome and we will fight this outcome, and we can do all of that while still laughing at Trump’s pathetic blog.

Gerrymandering and voter suppression aside, changing population demographics are not going to work in the GOP’s favor, and the next few election cycles are still going to come down to how independents vote. The current iteration of the GQP is not exactly endearing itself to independents, now is it?

4 Likes

And as long as those independents align more with Sanders than they do with the DNCs corporate masters, the Democrats will keep alienating them.

6 Likes

Given the results from 2020, I would wager that the “Sanders or Bust” segment is pretty small. I am talking about independent voters, not people who don’t even bother to vote because “both parties are like, the same, man.”

2 Likes

At the dances I was one of the most untiring and gayest. One evening a cousin of Sasha, a young boy, took me aside. With a grave face, as if he were about to announce the death of a dear comrade, he whispered to me that it did not behoove an agitator to dance. Certainly not with such reckless abandon, anyway. It was undignified for one who was on the way to become a force in the anarchist movement. My frivolity would only hurt the Cause.
I grew furious at the impudent interference of the boy. I told him to mind his own business. I was tired of having the Cause constantly thrown into my face. I did not believe that a Cause which stood for a beautiful ideal, for anarchism, for release and freedom from convention and prejudice, should demand the denial of life and joy. I insisted that our Cause could not expect me to become a nun and that the movement would not be turned into a cloister. If it meant that, I did not want it. “I want freedom, the right to self-expression, everybody’s right to beautiful, radiant things.” Anarchism meant that to me, and I would live it in spite of the whole world — prisons, persecution, everything. Yes, even in spite of the condemnation of my own closest comrades I would live my beautiful ideal.

Emma Goldman - Living My Life

12 Likes
3 Likes

I’ve already made my point. Independent VOTERS want healthcare, more income equality, and for the planet not to become uninhabitable. Democrats like to pretend they’re all for that stuff, right up until it comes to actually doing something about it.

But at least they’re happy to use racially inclusive language and wave a pride flag while they stand around and let the GOP fuck us into extinction.