Trump declares Georgia run-off election "Illegal And Invalid"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/02/trump-declares-georgia-run-off-election-illegal-and-invalid.html

9 Likes

Please, Know-Nothing Georgia conservatives, heed your idol’s call and do not participate in this “illegal and invalid” run-off election.

54 Likes

Non-Rubes:

Okay

36 Likes

Yes, I think the only recourse for Republicans in this country is to boycott future elections until Democrats openly admit their crimes. Same for social media, those commies don’t deserve Republican participation.

50 Likes

Yes, I think all republicans should definitely do that.

19 Likes

While the Republicans losing the elections due to Trumps attempt to suppress voter turnout would be just, I think the public good is vastly better served by the Republicans losing the election with the maximum participation possible.

I see no need to cheer on Trump’s attacks on democracy, even if it happens to favour my preferred side for a change. If democracy loses, eventually it won’t matter who wins.

Now back to seeing Republicans hoisted by their own petard…

20 Likes

12 posts were split to a new topic: Defining democracy and republicanism

He’s the gift that keeps on giving.

I’m still wondering what he’s going to do on the 6th. I can’t decide between apoplexy, stroke, or a straight-up heart attack.

7 Likes

amber-ruffin-what-confused

Given that about 2 million people already voted in a run off election, that’s actually happening. Almost no one comes out for run offs and people are coming out.

25 Likes

Trump can’t help himself - anyone in the Republican party who thought he’d help them, when it went contrary to the false narratives his pathologies require him to engage in, clearly don’t know who Trump is. Or, in Trump’s words:

Which, thanks to many decades of Republican efforts to disenfranchise voters in Georgia, is impossible. Putting Black people in prison just because they organized voters is something they only stopped doing in… well, actually, they’re still doing it.

26 Likes

This is true, too. Abrams and her organizations have been working to reverse the damage, but that work continues. [fixed typo]

22 Likes

Turnout is going to be impressive without these morons voting. Georgia Dems seem really motivated to take advantage of this historic opportunity.

No-one here’s rally cheering it on, except in a facetious “look at this self-defeating/selfish moron” way.

If Yertle remains Senate majority leader, democracy in the U.S. loses anyhow. If a lower Republican turnout in this particular election ensures that doesn’t happen, that’s good for democracy.

21 Likes

It was nice going 3 days without seeing or hearing from Trump. Oh well

19 Likes

My guess is: Adderall-fueled panic attack and taken to Walter Reed for observation. Melania flies to Mar-o-Lago.

6 Likes

And Americans have declared Trump the Unfit full-on batshit crazy.

#NeverVoteRepublican - because THIS is all you get

8 Likes

I would love to see Republicans lose by a humiliating margin. I would just love to see them lose by any margin at all. What is dangerous is to believe that any outcome of a free, untainted election supports Democracy.

Republicans are voting for people who are intent on dismantling what little voice we have in our governance, with those candidates saying so, openly. They are knowingly voting to subvert Democracy itself, through the democratic process. So while I would love to see America reject Trump and his ilk out of hand, I am fully behind robbing them of the opportunity to elect tyrants by whatever means is legally possible.

Should we allow a referendum asking “Should we throw out the Constitution and have a King?” to prove to the opposition that America rejects them? What if we lose?

16 Likes

Sounds like a Brexit type situation to me. That’s pretty much what happened there, right? The government decided to have a referendum, thinking that there was no way that people would vote to leave the EU, and low and behold…

So no, that’s a bad idea, especially if a cult of personality (which, why?) like Trump backed it. I don’t know what the solution to his base is, other than working to improve constitutional protections for all of us.

20 Likes

On Jan 5 he’s going to fire Pence and appoint Lin Wood or McCawley as VP.

Update: Ted Cruz

9 Likes

Income inequality

If you live in GA, please look it up if you don’t know what it means.

Then look up which of your senators in your election are on your side.

Then vote in your own self-interest.

Or better yet; just Trumpsters just stay home like your cult leader is asking you to do. That would be awesome.

7 Likes

Obligatory

18 Likes