Elections 2021 and 2022

I wish there was more in the media similar to these comments from Michael Moore on “The ReidOut” with Joy Reid (linked just before the 7 minute mark):

11 Likes
13 Likes

GOP, now anti-military? Or just worried that they aren’t going to get the votes they expect, because, well, anti-military.

15 Likes
15 Likes
16 Likes

<Surprised face />

(Archived)

11 Likes

Is that good or bad? I can’t tell anymore.

13 Likes

Why Philadelphia posted lists of mail ballots that need fixing

About a third as many Philly voters requested mail ballots this year as in 2020. Reasons range from mistrust of the USPS to excitement about voting in person, Asha Prihar reports.

• Some mail voters returned envelopes with errors — lacking a signature, no date, no secrecy envelope — so the City Commissioners posted a list asking people to “cure” their ballots by filling out a new one.

The lists are here:

12 Likes

From the article:

According to Dave Wasserman, the U.S. House editor at the Cook Political Report, the big problem is that “response rates suck. We’re down to 1 percent of people on a good day who are willing to talk to a pollster for free”

Wow, that drop continued! And they were so hoping for a plateau. No wonder they have no idea. This chart is from 2019:

9 Likes

It’s good to finally see this headline, but bad that it comes after years of attempting to manipulate the press and the public. The percentage of people who have already voted by now and possibly been influenced by this is why they should have the same disclaimer that accompanies horoscopes.

13 Likes

Now if only people would stop with the whole polling shit and focus on policy. Hell, they could even poll people about questions of policy…

11 Likes

I know this is mostly about America, but it’s important for the rest of us too, so…

You Can Do It Good Luck GIF by Aurora Consulting: Business, Insurance, Financing Experts

Personally, I have faith in you. Come on you guys.

18 Likes

Wonder how widespread this problem might be…

Also, John Oliver did a great report about election subversion:

13 Likes

They’ve been talking about this on the local NPR station - from what they were saying about 1000, so not insignificant. Last I heard, they had planned to hold a discussion about it this evening. They also plan to take ballots post-marked by tomorrow (not having arrived tomorrow, as current law states). You also have to wonder if this was intentional or not… angry white people mad about their county getting less white.

Just FYI, some background on Cobb - it is a suburban metro county that used to be lily white after white flight from the city. It’s the district that gave us Newt “leave them when they got cancer” Gingrich and refused a MARTA line because they feared “criminals” would ride out to Marietta and steal shit and ride back (this was actually said in the county debates about it… I believe trashbags were involved somehow :roll_eyes:).

But it’s been diversifying for the past decade and a half or so, and becoming much more Democratic (so much so, that they changed the boundaries of that district to make it redder, which is why Lucy McBath is now running in my district.

19 Likes

Voting done.

There were some poll observers present. One was wearing clearly identifiable regalia and held a binder of documents and the other, well wasn’t. No red hats at least, but I continued to eye her suspiciously.

In my area most of the vicious advertising I’ve seen has centered on the election of Judges. Not surprising because of the continuing Republican strategy to control legislation via the courts.

17 Likes

Conan Good Work GIF by Team Coco

There were 2 at my precinct (which is also an early voting location in my county) when we went a couple of weeks back, but no red hats (they can’t, officially wear partisan gear), but they were 2 white people in a minority majority part of the county…

17 Likes

Nervous Nail Biting GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

13 Likes
16 Likes

Kristen Wiig Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

11 Likes

Me, until the official results are announced…
Regina Hall Popcorn GIF

13 Likes