Elections 2021 and 2022

Unusual to hear Aurora referred to as a Chicago suburb.

The Irvin ads where he’s acting all tough and saying “all lives matter” while on a police ride-along are a 180 from how he positioned himself a few years ago. But I guess if the price is right…

Also, [OBJ]

10 Likes

When I was in college, my roommate was from Aurora, and at the time it was an (expensive) in-state long distance call for us to talk about move-in plans. It was definitely thought of as its own town, far removed from Chicago but within driving distance for occasional visits. No one would have considered it to be a bedroom community for commuters.

But now, it’s considered part of the greater Chicagoland area, and there are daily commuters.

8 Likes

Reminds me of some communities in north GA… Cities like Woodstock and Cartersville have become a part of the metro area of ATL, and they never used to be.

9 Likes

Back on topic…

FB_IMG_1656303920073

14 Likes

I’m not a woman, but I plan to get in on that GOP crotch-kicking action…

14 Likes

14 Likes

10 Likes

I want this T-shirt.

5 Likes
12 Likes

I got increasingly irritated at this and then the author said that Trump’s steel tariffs worked and I was out.

5 Likes

Well, they did work…to sabotage the economy for his successor in such a superficial way that people would believe the economy was bad when it’s stronger than it’s been in half a century.

7 Likes

I mean Republicans literally say the 2020 recession was caused by Biden. They don’t even bother to try and give the pandemic or whatever as an excuse, just Biden did it.

7 Likes

GA Senate Race: Warnock Opens Up 10 Point Lead Over Walker, Quinnipiac University Georgia Poll Finds; Kemp And Abrams Locked In Dead Heat In Governor’s Race

13 Likes

Get Ready Warnock GIF by Election 2020

Go Reverend!

11 Likes
12 Likes

Stacey Abrams clarifies her position on criminal justice reform and pay for police…

8 Likes
10 Likes

Next move? Repeal the 19th amendment, of course.

5 Likes

Sad A Christmas Story GIF by filmeditor

8 Likes

I’m sure they’ll bundle that with a repeal of the 13th as a package deal. Maybe throw in the 1st and 8th as well.

3 Likes