7 Likes

One hopes.

7 Likes
13 Likes

Happy Simon Cowell GIF by America's Got Talent

8 Likes

Well, damn

11 Likes

Even before her party switch, she faced rumblings of a primary challenge in 2024 from Rep. Ruben Gallego (D-Ariz.). Becoming an independent will avoid a head-to-head primary against Gallego or another progressive, should she seek reelection.

Well, there it is.

10 Likes

She’s apparently delusional enough to believe that she’s got a shot at re-election.

The chart in this article is pretty remarkable. She’s got double-digit unfavorable ratings in every single demographic.

15 Likes

That is pretty remarkable. Her unfavorablility rating is greater among Dems than Repubs. That has got to be one for the record books.

12 Likes

Guess she took a look at the chart and thought “both Democrats and Republicans really hate me, but my net unfavorable rating among independents is only 10%! That’s my path to victory!”

12 Likes

“Who hates me least” seems unlikely to work out for her, but I guess we shall see.

11 Likes

Joe Manchin says . . .

homer-hedge

7 Likes

If she’s caucusing with Dems it doesn’t change the numbers. If she’s not, and she’s caucusing with herself, well, then she isn’t going to be on any committees? Huh?

7 Likes

Now that she’s an (I) she’ll lose some of her voice in things. Manchin will once again be the “swing Democrat.”

5 Likes

Where The Leave GIF by Kinda Funny

8 Likes

I guess she’ll continue to get money from the billionaires who like her roadblocking Dem legislation. And thinks that she has a chance in a 3 way race that splits the vote. :woman_shrugging:

12 Likes

My suspicion, pollyannaish as it may be, is that her third party run might split the Repub vote and clear the way for a real Dem. A boy can dream…

11 Likes

Given that her disapproval rating is higher among Dems than Reps, I think you’re onto something there.

10 Likes

One wonders if they coordinated on that…

9 Likes

If nothing else, this publicizes a terrible practice.

20 Likes