Elephants abandon stinking shit

Latest rumors are that there are recordings of Trump using the N-word on the set of The Apprentice. Anyone caught leaking footage faces a $5 million fee though. Might be worth putting together a kickstarter.

15 Likes

How about McCain then turning around bending the knee for him (until yesterday). His “last honest man” schtick has been transparent bullshit since 2008.

8 Likes

You didn’t go to a $40000 a year private school in South London, where (according to one of his contemporaries) he defended the Nazis in debates, and left at 16 (i.e. not having done the US equivalent of completing High School). He did not go on to university. I guess most of us do not move in those circles.

Swift boats, anyone?

6 Likes

Lake County, IL chiming in.

The corner of my street and the major East-West for me is chock full of campaign sighs as it is virtual an empty lot.

All of them are BLUE. Only half of the candidate’s signs are Democrat. One sign has a red band on it (and he is the Repub that is running for senate I believe) but other wise they are all blue and I don’t remember any party affiliation on any of them.

5 Likes

Just for reference and because i never tire of linking to it - Nigel Farage schooldays letter reveals concerns over fascism – Channel 4 News

3 Likes

On why this was the breaking point:

• Dahlia Lithwick on Slate made the argument that for most of Trump’s other terribleness, a person who really wanted to could pretend that the bad stuff was performance. He was making TV, or he was riling up the base, or whatever, so a person could still try really hard to believe that Trump’s not actually that bad. In this recording, we hear both his horribleness in private, and then his fake performance of civility. This recording breaks the willing suspension of disbelief

• IMO, for some of the higher profile defections, this is the breaking point because it makes him unelectable. You can still win an american election with mostly just white voters - it’s difficult, but not impossible. You can’t win with the support of men only.

• This particular scandal is easy to grasp, and gross in an obvious way. Compare this to something like his position on the Central Park 5 - demanding the judicial murder of people who have been clearly proven to be innocent. But a reasonable opinion about CP5 requires you to know something about it, and to have some faith in DNA evidence, and maybe to have heard of false confessions.

18 Likes

I see that Ratel already posted a link to Josh Marshall’s theory, but I think it’s worth quoting in full:

tl/dr: It’s not patriarchal protective feelings, it’s the notion that Trump was already down for the count, so that it was now safe.

13 Likes

So - I’m confused. Mitch McConnell, who was quoted this past February as saying that the GOP would drop Trump like a ‘hot rock’ after he was nominated, is one of the few standing by him…!!! What changed his mind???

7 Likes

Reminder: McConnell is still blocking Obama’s SCOTUS nominee in the hopes that a racist sex criminal will get to appoint someone to the job.

23 Likes

16 Likes

Aww, can’t we cling to the hope that he’s damaged his own brand this time? Please?

6 Likes

What a fucking pile of cowards.

If you don’t agree with the Republican platform and are embarrassed by your party, then you need to fucking get a different party.

9 Likes

It’s an interesting question. One of the signs that got me going on this was for our current Member of the House in Washington. The other is our Member in the State House of Representatives – and its Speaker. Actually leaving the Party would have some significant costs for both of them.

1 Like

You can’t hide your party affiliation. That’d be like a nascar without sponsorship logos. The money didn’t come from nowhere, and it’s simply yellow cowardice for these politicians to try and run as republicans but hide that that’s the party they’re a part of.

5 Likes

You are brilliant! You’ve pointed out exactly what really bothers them. Stealing other white men’s property!

5 Likes

Apparently:

4 Likes

As opposed to millionaire Presidential candidates Hillary Clinton and Jill Stein? (And probably Gary Johnson, though he recently told Triumph the Insult Comic Dog “I don’t have squat”.)

2 Likes

I’ve given up trying to understand that man’s motivations and thinking. Even from the perspective that he’s acting in his own best interest, it’s hard to see where he’s coming from, and he’s not that much of an ideologue. I’m forced to consider the possibility that his behavior is explained not by motivations, but by him rising to his level of incompetence.

4 Likes

What makes you think that would budge the needle at all? All he has is white racists.

5 Likes

As opposed to billionaire presidential candidate Donald Trump.

6 Likes