Elfquest audio movie announced, with livestream event Friday

Originally published at: Elfquest audio movie announced, with livestream event Friday | Boing Boing

2 Likes

“Audio movie”? so…, a podcast? or is it one of them thar “talkies” the kids are raving about?

4 Likes

They wanted to call it an “Audie”, but were afraid of litigious German automakers.

3 Likes

I think the idea is “like an old-timey radio play, not an audiobook”

2 Likes

“Audio play” would probably be a more apt descriptor since “movie” owes its etymology to “moving picture.” I guess sound waves are technically a form of movement though.

4 Likes

Can’t wait for someone to invent “texties”/“text movies”, where all the action and dialogue are projected directly onto my imagination by means of many words in sequence. I daresay it would be even more of a visual medium than audio movies.

3 Likes

200_d

3 Likes

I hope this turns out well, I’d love to listen to it. Elfquest has a very special place in my heart but I never imagined it translating well to a movie. I hope an audio production can manage it.

1 Like

I’m glad other commenters seem to agree that what’s woefully lacking from this article is an explanation of what the hell an “audio movie” is supposed to be.

3 Likes

Big Finish, who do original Doctor Who stories (usually with the original actor voicing whatever incarnation of the Doctor is featured), seem to veer between calling them audio dramas, audio plays, and audiobooks.

Well, you remember when movies had no sound, right? They were just moving pictures. Then audio was added. Now take away the picture. It’s like that. Just warm up the old Philco and get out your decoder badge. . .

1 Like

Yeah, call it that or an audio drama or audio play (as others here have mentioned). “Audio movie” is completely oxymoronic.

I try not to be too pedantic, but some things I just can’t ignore. This one is not quite as awful as writing “loose” when you mean “lose”, but it still irritates me too much to be cool with it.

1 Like

I try not to be too pedantic, but some things I just can’t ignore.

i no, rite?

like, it LITERALLY makes my head explode.

please don’t hurt me

1 Like

Grrr, arghh, lol

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.