Elizabeth Holmes says she won't be able to pay $250 a month in restitution once she gets out of prison

Originally published at: Elizabeth Holmes says she won't be able to pay $250 a month in restitution once she gets out of prison | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Walmart is always hiring, Elizabeth.

21 Likes

I bet there is some corporation somewhere that only exists to own everything that Elizabeth Holmes doesn’t technically own but has access to.

24 Likes

Find religion. Scam the poor. Die rich.

5 Likes

12 Likes

Probably two: the one in an offshore low-tax jurisdiction handles the owning; the domestic one incurs crushing losses licensing from the offshore one because taxable capital gains are nearly as proletarian as wages.

12 Likes

I can’t wait to see her pushing for a higher minimum wage, then collecting it.

2 Likes

That’s good advice - although she probably shouldn’t expect much from Walgreens:

https://www.latimes.com/business/story/2023-05-23/walgreens-settles-consumer-claims-it-knew-theranos-was-a-fraud

5 Likes

If she finds herself in need of a reference letter, I’ve just recently invented a wondrous machine that can generate the greatest references after taking only a single drop of blood from the person in need. I’d be happy to let her access it for a nominal fee.

5 Likes

she’s in for 11 years. putting the cart before the horse, i think.

5 Likes

I was going to say McDonald’s. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

“Pretty people don’t get ‘real’ jobs.”

• Elizabeth Holmes shortly after being released from prison
1 Like

And because it should be repeated any time she gets mentioned: That restitution money is going to the investors she defrauded, not the people who were given (often dangerously) incorrect blood test results by her machines.

5 Likes

Yah, if she’s worried about what happens after she gets out, she has no idea how eleven years inside is going to change her. As they say, “her head isn’t in yet”. She’s still thinking like a person on the outside.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.