Here's what life in federal prison will be like for Elizabeth Holmes

Originally published at: Here's what life in federal prison will be like for Elizabeth Holmes | Boing Boing

2 Likes

1 Like

oh, she’ll have to get up early and report to a job? let me dry a tear.

9 Likes

That sounds like life outside a federal facility, but where one must arrange their own shelter & three squares.

9 Likes

Yay for forced labor!.. :us:

14 Likes

I initially read that as a “life sentence” in federal prison, which seems a bit harsh to me.

3 Likes

All inmates are expected to work, and earn between 12 cents and $1.15 (£0.90) an hour for their jobs. Many are involved in food service and factory work.

AKA slavery

11 Likes

Sad Baby GIF by Bounce

1 Like

Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

Thanks, Lincoln!

10 Likes
9 Likes

Hoo boy, more news for Bryan, TX.

Isn’t that more like “thanks Congress” as they were the ones who wrote the reconstruction amendments?

4 Likes

What I find odd is Rupert Murdoch invested over 120 million as a startup. Others who invested were Henry Kissinger, Oracle founder Larry Ellison, Betsy Davos and several drug stores, Safeway, Walgreens, ect ect. How can that be possible to shell out that amount without hiring experts in the field?

7 Likes

Welcome aboard, comrade :smiley::+1:

2 Likes

Just living in Bryan, Texas is punishment enough.

1 Like

You mean I can pay to sleep late? Here’s my credit card. Now keep it down until about 10 AM.

5 Likes

She’ll either be spectacularly successful at charming the other convicts (like Madoff) or they’ll all loathe her and make her life miserable. There’s no in-between once a sociopathic grifter ends up in stir. My bet (and hope) is that it will be the latter.

1 Like

Said another way: suffer from narcolepsy? Tough luck, pay Uncle Sam.

Just rollcall? What about inspection? Better have that bunk tucked and tight enough to bounce a quarter.

1 Like

As a side note to any young(er than me) naïf reading this, it’s highly likely that there really were no barracks, nor bunks, nor bedsheets in ROTC.

1 Like