Elizabeth Holmes uses babies in an attempt to delay her prison sentence

Originally published at: Elizabeth Holmes uses babies in an attempt to delay her prison sentence | Boing Boing

5 Likes

It’s a time-honored tradition. (Notwithstanding the fact that the ancient practice is a horrible reflection of a time when women had only few ways of influencing their destinies at least to a degree, and their bodies were one of the main ones)

19 Likes

Why the f*ck does that matter?

14 Likes

Pretty sure just sending her to prison to get those kids away from that psychopath would be a good thing.

22 Likes

How TF can her lawyers say, with a straight face, that she’s not a flight risk?!?

6 Likes

If she’s successful in getting a delay, I gather her family will continue to grow…

6 Likes

Perhaps the second child is in utero and they’re taking a strong stance on when a person becomes a person?

I’d be content with having prisons that remediate and reform people in such a way that accommodation for a woman and child could be realistically considered.

/s besides, talk about street cred when the child reaches teen years; “yeah, I did 5 whole years, it was hard, I was made hard ya know…but I got out when I finished kindergarten and never looked back” /s

14 Likes

Where’s an oubliette when you need one?

4 Likes

Because it’s their job to do so? :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

Too bad Sam Bankman Fried deleted his e-mails. I bet that grifter took one look at Holmes’s disgusting strategy and started writing his fellow geniuses inquiring about male pregnancy.

2 Likes

Yeah, I can’t really fault her lawyers for trying (so long as they stay within the bounds of the law). But this is obviously still a person who needs to be held accountable for her actions in some meaningful way.

11 Likes

Kenan Thompson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

She is most certainly a flight risk! But that’s not on the lawyers for doing their jobs.

7 Likes

i forget where we left that

3 Likes

I suspect she had children just for this purpose.

7 Likes

You didn’t throw it down that big hole again, did you? How many times? That is not a sensible storage solution!

3 Likes

Holmes is using her babies to avoid prison, the babies are born and can be cared for by people more competent than her.

And then we have this, which, in my opinion is a great argument.

I saw this a few days ago. With all the pro life stuff going on she makes a valid case. If they all believe a fetus is a person then the state is indeed incarcerating a person without being convicted or charged with any crime and should be released immediately.

6 Likes

how could that possibly be relevant

5 Likes

Ah, but justice in the US is not blind, despite how she is portrayed in statues. We still see a huge difference in treatment when the mothers are BIPOC. More details on that were in the comment below:

8 Likes

I worry about those two children. They are in danger of learning morality from Elizabeth Holmes. I know how young children can learn to read, put them in from of a television playing Sesame Street. What’s a good source of morality for young children? Not just Elizabeth Holmes kids, but all children. Is Sesame Street alone enough, or are there other learning tools that I am overlooking?

Be careful there. Removing children from bad influences was the justification that the Argentinian junta used for abducting dissidents’ children and giving them to ideologically correct adoptive parents. It is the justification that the Russian government is using for giving Ukrainian “orphans” to Russian adoptive parents.

10 Likes