Elizabeth Warren quits race

I am a huge fan of Clinton and think she would have made an excellent president, even though she was a lousy campaigner.

Biden is a gaffe machine, but–outside of the hardened anti-moderates at both ends of the political spectrum–I think the general view of him is that he’s affable and decent. Moreover, people have now seen what four years of Trump have done to the country. And, maybe most importantly, Biden doesn’t actually have to outperform Clinton to win. He just has to have his votes distributed differently.

6 Likes

And/or they live in an area where there are five hour waits at the polling station because that’s the only place they can afford rent.

7 Likes

I am not following why you are asking me this question. I’ve not commented on Bernie supporters in any way.

4 Likes

" For all those whose cares have been our concern, the work goes on, the cause endures, the hope still lives, and the dream shall never die ."

1 Like

I was saying that as someone who is very much not a fan of Clinton, or Biden, for exactly the same reasons: their records and their policies. Despite my strong opposition to Clinton, I can still see that she is intelligent, competent, and generally had her shit together. Biden is a compulsive liar, can’t string two sentences together, and is likely going senile. I think that makes him a worse candidate than her, even though their policies and the interests they represent are identical.

3 Likes

If you think that’s the case, why do you assume he won’t do well with Trump voters?

9 Likes

At this point Bernie is my only hope but I will vote for whoever isn’t Trump again even if it’s a fucking potted plant

I would vote for a pile of steaming dogshit before I would ever vote for a republican for the rest of my life and I would vote to jump off a bridge if it meant Trump could never hold office again

3 Likes

Some had to go back to their shift and abandoned the line.

But some people need to blame it on laziness.

From this thread:

15 Likes

Fair point.

1 Like

Primary voters aren’t general election voters, and anyone who becomes the nominee is almost by definition going to win among the people who voted in their party’s primary.

In particular, Biden’s main selling point in primaries – that he’s the best tactical choice to get a Democrat president – is irrelevant to people who haven’t decided if they want a Democrat president. Everyone assumes Bernie is the one whose appeal won’t translate to a wider audience, but it’d be an equally valid guess about Biden.

Anyway, my prediction was based on (pessimism and) the overall impression Biden gives off right now. I think the Democratic fandom is seeing him as he was in the past – more coherent, less harried-seeming, and standing behind Barack Obama. But low-information voters aren’t going to see that halo, and I don’t think they’ll be gripped by what they do see. Whereas Bernie will make people think “I haven’t seen this before”.

5 Likes

(punches wall)
(punches the fuck out of wall)

6 Likes

To be fair, “…as awesome as her…” is a high bar that any governor would be hard pressed to achieve. That is WHY we are so disappointed.

2 Likes

Admittedly if Biden is the nominee, and you want a Democrat in the Whitehouse talking about Trump all the time is probably your best strategy.

1 Like

Warren shouldn’t endorse anyone until she extracts some policy agreements.

11 Likes

2 Likes

Giving the context that it was the Tsar’s residence, and what the communists were fighting against, I’m sure. /s

Biden is the republican on that ticket. Or rather, to be extra fair, if you are a never-trump conservative, he’s your Democrat.

Yes, he’s the harmless old fool, to Trump’s dangerous old fool.

I think that will help Biden, actually.

6 Likes

Am curious - and have asked it before at random points - who would be the most electable (ie motivate the blue vote and possibly some of the purple) to go head to head w Drmpf and Co?

Biden/Abrams?
Biden/Harris?
Biden/Buttigieg?
Biden/Gabbard?
Biden/X?

Sanders/Warren?
Sanders/Abrams?
Sanders/Oprah?
Sanders/Y?

This here is a country in 2020 where one Donald J. Trump can become President, but a woman cannot. Think for a second how utterly fucked up that is.

17 Likes

Unfortunately, America gets the president we deserve, never the one we need.

4 Likes

That would definitely not be a winning strategy. Though technically, that does not mean it is not a good idea.

7 Likes