Elizabeth Warren silenced by 100% of GOP Senate for reading Coretta Scott King's words on Jeff Sessions

Here you go-
http://www.fdrpodcasts.com/#/search/Jeff sessionshttp://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/01/09/black-pastors-rally-washington-ag-nominee-jeff-sessions/96367850/

So, we have a search for some podcasts, then some people’s opinions in an op-ed.

Gotcha.

I guess I shouldn’t be surprised. The Texas State republican platform does officially state that they are opposed to teaching critical thinking in the classroom.

32 Likes

You’re the one making the claim.

Back it up or get laughed at and mocked.

In other words, there is no argument. You’re stating stuff without evidence, and I remain incredulous due to your persuasive writing not appealing to anything but the authority of your say-so.

23 Likes
26 Likes

unless karma involves a gray wall and black blindfolds and and an offer of a last cigarette I doubt it.

3 Likes
26 Likes

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” ― Edmund Burke.

20 Likes

To be fair, they did warn her.

2 Likes

On the one hand, fucking with the makeup of the Supreme Court. On the other hand, reading words for two minutes.

Those seem equivalent. Basically.

22 Likes

It’s so unfair! all those white men had to listen to someone read the words of a black woman!

#Won’t SOMONE think of the racists’ comfort?!

/the audible retching is normal.

25 Likes

Wow! Who lives THERE?

21 Likes

Evil wins when good men do nothing.

4 Likes

So they can try one last attempt at second hand smoking us to death?

2 Likes

As a poster:

30 Likes

“No Senator in debate shall, directly or indirectly, by any form
of words impute to another Senator or to other Senators any conduct
or motive unworthy or unbecoming a Senator.”

They misapplied this rule when ruling against Warren.

For one, she wasn’t imputing conduct or motive unworthy or unbecoming a Senator, she was in fact imputing conduct or motive unworthy or unbecoming an Attorney General - which is, after all, the job of the Senate to do when considering a post to the most powerful prosecutor in the land.

For another, she wasn’t imputing anything to anyone - Coretta Scott King was.

37 Likes

I’m just being realistic. If a charlatan like DeVos can get through confirmation there’s really no chance of Sessions not making the cut.

13 Likes

That’s a shame. One of the things that has impressed me in the past is the way US students were sent out in to the World armed with a critical vocabulary.

1 Like

I think that tanks and soldiers and secret police figure in there somewhere too.

1 Like

Ok, I’ll bite: how did she break Senate rules?

She was reading a letter intended as prior evidence of Sessions’ lack of fitness for the role of Attorney General. Nothing in the letter broke Rule 19.

21 Likes
  1. No Senator in debate shall, directly or indirectly, by any form of words impute to another Senator or to other Senators any conduct or motive unworthy or unbecoming a Senator.
1 Like