Elon Musk blames @elonjet for on-ground stalker—and says he'll sue him for tweeting public records of his jet travels

The big thing is to switch from using Twitter embeds to screengrabs—and applying this to some 15 years of post history. It’s been on the nice to have list for a long time but suddenly I feel a strange sense of urgency

18 Likes

There’s gotta be a script for converting from Twitter to screen grab automatically.

Yep, easy to automate. Just never that important, until it is. And once you start, all the other doomed embeds beckon too.

10 Likes

I think he looks like Pee-wee Herman’s younger, unfunny brother. But as the saying goes, beauty lies in the eye of the beholder.

2 Likes

honestly - fixing 15 years of posts is kinda pointless - if folks just tried their best from this point forward it would be enough.

3 Likes

Thanks for making the effort.

3 Likes

Would it? There’s a lot of history that would be lost there, and I don’t think it’s promising how blasé people are about that.

4 Likes

I’m guessing this is a Trumpian empty threat, simply made to make the situation seem more serious and justify banning all the guy’s Twitter accounts (including non-tracking ones). He may or may not have made up the story, but even if true, it clearly has absolutely nothing to do with the jet tracking. So yeah, it’s totally just an excuse.

3 Likes

I surmise that with his additional death threats etc. that Musk is getting his ear talked off by concerned security men. The concerned security men I know tend to over serious everything. It will rub off.

2 Likes

Bellingcat’s founder posted that someone in their Discord geolocated where Elon’s video of the license plate of “the stalker” was taken.

It’s at 34.116175,-118.160635, not close to any airports. Google Maps

Completely leaving aside anything about tracking planes, if the geolocation is correct, Elon wants us to believe someone would have tried to corner the owner of an electric vehicle company at an emissions testing station.

7 Likes

Reads like somethinf from Arrested Development

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.