Elon Musk confirms Twitter has tortious interference claims against activist groups calling for advertiser boycotts

I’m more than a bit disappointed that NPR still characterizes Prigozhin as ‘Entrepreneur’. It’s not strictly false; but it seems so far from being his most salient characteristic as to be deeply misleading.

7 Likes

… if you have enough toys, then at some point “toy owner” suddenly counts as a profession

6 Likes

Speaking of tunnel vision…

11 Likes

YOU ARE IN ROOM 10
BATS NEARBY!
TUNNELS LEAD TO 2 9 11

3 Likes

Character

4 Likes

“Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for IT… and Musk fired pretty much all of them, so fuck it. Here’s some earplugs.”

8 Likes

Oh I am sure this will happen. My last tech job was a well run server-heavy company that had never done any layoffs. Yet we still had problems like this from regular on-good-terms employee departures here and there. It’s months later than you find out the crucial plug-in for some service was registered under an email account that nobody knows the password for. Or as you say, cert renewal reminders are going to a zombie mailbox nobody knows about. Or software licenses that were registered to the personal account of someone who left and nobody can reach them. This stuff happens at good companies who are trying to be careful. I can only imagine how bad it’s going to be for Twitter right now.

9 Likes

My wife used to work in the offices at the same facility that her company had a major manufacturing unit. Every summer the manufacturing floor employees would be sent home for a week. And every time the air conditioning in all the offices would stop working on the second day of shutdown.

The running theory was that there was somebody on the floor who pressed a button every day as part of his job, and nobody knew that he also held power over the office AC.

11 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.