Elon Musk is personally directing warranty repairs at Tesla

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/05/09/elon-musk-is-personally-directing-warranty-repairs-at-tesla.html

8 Likes

He’s incentivized to do a good job. every dollar he saves the company is a billion dollars in his pocket.

12 Likes

Ah, there’s no management like micro-management.
/s

37 Likes

Another reminder that Elon has absolutely no business or managerial talent.

27 Likes

samara weaving comedy GIF by Showtime

18 Likes

Unfortunately, too many people still don’t.

12 Likes

Whenever anything dumb happens to a Tesla owner:

11 Likes

Alex Borstein Prime Video GIF by The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

11 Likes

Colin Jost Shrug GIF by Saturday Night Live

But I do think that is becoming an ever smaller number of people… Especially as his drives the companies he’s in charge of into the ground by doing real stupid shit like this.

18 Likes

He’s probably the one who has to approve it because he’s fired everyone else who was below him in the Signature Authorization Matrix. After all, those people were probably not “technical” enough.

18 Likes

A CEO of a multi-billion-dollar corporation wasting his time on micromanaging individual customer cases reminds me of this classic bit from The Onion:

17 Likes

This is what a guy who thinks he’s earned a $50 BILLION salary does with his days.
That, and retweet nazis on his other vanity project.

14 Likes

It ain’t easy being an insane megalomaniac billionaire.

10 Likes

Maybe not, but there seem to be an awful lot of people who want to be one these days.

(Just noticed that this sentence also seems accurate if you switch the order of “awful” and “lot of”. Huh. You’d need to change “an” to “a”, though, so maybe that doesn’t count.)

8 Likes

Crikey, some people just can’t catch a break.

2 Likes

“Please tell Elon one of the personal items I went back to retrieve was my copy of Mein Kampf. I stole it from the library but covered the call numbers with a Pepe the Frog sticker, so that they…oh the guy from the garage is waving me in now. Thanks!”

13 Likes

They weren’t “hardcore” enough.

8 Likes

They went not hard enough in to Goblin Mode; weaklings.

7 Likes

Sounds like this is Elon slow-playing the repair so BingoBongo gives up in frustration, and he can say true-but-entirely-disingenuous things like, “the number of warranty repairs is nearly zero,” and “we haven’t declined any warranty claims.”

10 Likes

This is what control freaks do, to assert their control. Some time back, I worked at a mega size tech company, whose CEO required that he personally sign off on all new hires. He was known to hold up ones whose resume did not impress him (this was after multiple rounds of screening/interviews by multiple layers of company staff).

12 Likes