Elon Musk is personally directing warranty repairs at Tesla

There are two possible reasons why managers might have subordinates.

1. To do useful stuff which relieves the manager of routine work, so they can concentrate on more strategic decisions.

2. To boss around.

14 Likes

Going from God-King Space Karen to warranty-officer seems like a bit of a down-shift.

When he fired the Twitter janitors, did he clean the toilets? … Didn’t think so.

6 Likes

The delays are down to Musk’s need to check every Tesla customer to see if they’ve ever said anything mean about him on Twitter so he can deny a warranty claim.

13 Likes

I wonder what criteria he’s using for denial/approval/delay? Demographics (real and/or suspected)?

“What did you say her name was? Shanequa?”

6 Likes

If I was a Tesla owner right now, I’d be crapping in my pants that the damn company is even going to be around in another year, thus leaving me out in the cold for service till someone else comes along to pick up that slack.
The board should be booted him completely quite some time ago.

10 Likes

“Doesn’t that billionaire have something better to do?”

I mean… probably not. Plus, it keeps him from tweeting, so that’s a definite benefit to the company.

That’s… disturbingly plausible.

13 Likes

One of them is “are they in China or US/Europe?” Because Chinese people tend to think Teslas are shit meme cars and Tesla will actually fix them under warranty if the wheels fall off.

Not so much with stupid rich white people.

6 Likes

Is his personal signature also required before you can receive warranty work on your brain chip?

12 Likes

It’s unclear what caused the retraction

You mean other than the brain being jello?

7 Likes

Ah yes, the “genius” “engineer” is hard at work at Tesla - checks notes - approving warranty repairs. Mid level bureaucrat stuff.

I wonder what excuses the Elon Stans are going to come up for this one.

6 Likes

Gotta ask, “shit meme cars”? Does that mean they have a good or bad reputation?

1 Like

Bad. As in “only worthy of mention in an unflattering meme”.

3 Likes

I heart Pharyngula.

I can guess what caused the error: biology and time. I’m sure those two things are trivial problems for Elon Musk to defeat, once he overcomes his other great enemy, carwashes.

5 Likes

you forgot the most important one!

1. to have someone to blame when all of the manager’s choices go terribly wrong
10 Likes

The man is a human boat anchor that they can ill afford.

Useless, entitled billionaires are a societal cancer that ALL of us can ill afford. Elon has been Exhibit ‘A’ for quite some time.

6 Likes

And his weird fans will proudly take the delays. Are they not given another car while they wait for the repair? Surely lengthening that time is a waste of Tesla’s money

2 Likes

The usual blah.

3 Likes

Elon Musk is personally directing warranty repairs at Tesla holding the company hostage until he gets 44 billion

Burning the company to the ground will be the least of his problems if his loans default

1 Like

They have a bad reputation in China but their in warranty support is, reportedly, much better than in the US or Europe. I guess they tend to be bought by fanbois here and they blame themselves when the wheel falls of a few k out of the dealer and that’s what Tesla tells them. In China they fix their shit because they have to work on their reputation (the last part is merely an assumption, maybe Chinese law forces them to, but that would be a bit surprising).

ETA
Chinese people, even if critical of the politics of china )like most people I know), do tend to be very nationalistic about their tech and proud of it.

4 Likes

Apparently the happy owner got Elno to sign off on repairs after they Xitted about it.

9 Likes